These lawsuits and the related stories are too important to the current end of the Keynesian experiment to allow them to drift off unattended. I wanted to create one forum to aggregate these lawsuits, and any commentaries I find so that I can offer my insights and analysis, as well as predictions. Please join in, offering your own take.
I will add all other news links and analysis I find, particularly from zerohedge, since that site has been unbelievably journalistic about this whole mess.
Federal Housing Finance Agency vs. [Seventeen Banks, but strangely, not including Wells Fargo]:
The official website, with the list of the various of lawsuits is here.
The actual complaints are linked, below:
1. Federal Housing Agency, as Conservator for the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation v. Ally Financial, et al. [GMAC]; [filed in the Supreme Court, State of New York]
2. FHFA v. Bank of America Corporation, et al.; [filed in the United States District Court, Southern District of New York]
3. FHFA v. Barclays Bank PLC, et al.; [filed in the USDC NY]
4. FHFA v. Citigroup, Inc., et al.; [filed in USDC NY]
5. FHFA v. Countrywide Financial Corporation; [filed in Supreme Court NY]
6. FHFA v. Credit Suisse Holding (USA) Inc., et al.; [filed in USDC NY]
7. FHFA v. Deutsche Bank AG, et al.; [filed in USDC NY]
8. FHFA v. First Horizon National Corporation, et al.; [filed in USDC NY]
9. FHFA v. General Electric Company, et al.; [filed in Supreme Court NY]
10. FHFA v. Goldman, Sachs & Co., et al.; [filed in USDC NY]
11. FHFA v. HSBC North America Holdings Inc., et al.; [filed in USDC NY]
12. FHFA v. JPMorgan Chase & Co., et al.; [filed in USDC NY]
13. FHFA v. Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc., et al.; [filed in USDC NY]
14. FHFA v. Morgan Stanley, et al.; [filed in Supreme Court NY]
15. FHFA v. Nomura Holding America Inc., et al.; [filed in USDC NY]
16. FHFA v. The Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC, et al.; [filed in USDC NY]
17. FHFA v. SG America, Inc., et al.; [filed in USDC NY]
At some point, I will be able to post the case number, so those of you wanting to go to the actual docket can do so.
Meanwhile, I have collected some analysis of these and link to them below:
I am about to go live and listen to the Rep. Brad Miller conference call right now, and will report in a bit.
p.s. I have collected this material solely from public, on-line sources. I do not have any other information other than what I have gleaned from the public records.