U.S. Mint for smaller orders

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Boswell
Boswell's picture
Hat Tips: 2921
U.S. Mint for smaller orders

For small time buyers, sometimes you can pick up a deal there when the price of Silver gets to around the $42+ range. Case in point,  the United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set™ (SV2) for $39.95. That's 5 Quarters = 0.90423974725 oz. Shipping is only $4.95 for any order. Get a few sets and it works out pretty good.

I just ordered 6 sets 5.425 ozs for $244.65 and it worked out to $45.106/oz. and no extra for credit cards. I checked around for plain rounds, 5oz bars, etc. and the price was competitive/better and you get shiny proof coins in a pretty holder! Woooooo!

2010 United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set™ (SV2)

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:13
Boswell
Boswell's picture
Uh, Oh!

Gold and Silver Numismatic Products Suspended (Yet Again)

http://mintnewsblog.com/2011/09/gold-and-silver-numismatic-products-suspended-yet-again/

Get 'em while they're hot!

Looks like my order sneaked in ahead of the cut-off!?

My credit card got charged. ;-)

Now the 2011 Set $41.95 (still available) is in the money,  up to ~$45/oz?

2011 United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set™ (SV5)

They should just sell for what they cost + markup and let 'em run. But then all the "stackers" would buy them up and there'd be none left for the coin collectors. ;-( They should have got theirs by now.

Pablo
Pablo's picture
Hat Tips: 1053
Good Luck

Yeah good luck getting anything from them before they jack the price up - they have a habit of cancelling everyone's order and re-pricing when silver moves significantly higher. More power to you. I had an order of 10 proof eagles repriced on me. If I hadn't checked the email before they shipped I would have got dinged an extra $85 on my cc bill.

Boswell
Boswell's picture
Subscription Order?

Yeah, I signed up for the "subscription" for a few ASE Proofs too, canceled that. They do tell you the price will probably change before actual ship date. Just wait until they are actually shipping to get the real price.

The quarters are "in the mail" as we speak.

HiHo_Silver
HiHo_Silver's picture
Hat Tips: 158
Boswell, I actually agree

Boswell,

I actually agree with you.  I think this is one of the few bargains you can find in silver these days.   Not only a good deal on silver, but they are proof and almost impossible to counterfeit.   I first saw this deal when 2010 ATB proof quarter sets were $32.95 and silver was around $35.  I bought 10, and then later bought two more orders at 39.95.   I didn't have a problem with any order.  When silver does go up, they often close the product for repricing, but I must have gotten in under the wire.   The only drawback that I see is storage.

HiHo

So what? We're just a few trillion short.

Boswell
Boswell's picture
Storage?

Yeah, all the packaging takes up space. You could always pop 'em out of the plastic and roll them up if needed. In the mean time, it might give them a buck or two in numismatic value.

I probably won't buy tooo many of them, but they are a nice addition to the ol' stack and make nice presents. ;-)

Maybe a way to get people interested in silver? Nice to look at, fair price, easy to buy.

Pablo
Pablo's picture
Hat Tips: 1053
There's no numismatic value

There's no numismatic value unless you have them graded. If you sell them at the coin shop they'll get pulled from the packaging and sold as junk 90% silver.

They are nice gifts, though, to get someone interested in "real money"!

AuntBee
AuntBee's picture
Hat Tips: 5
Subscription vs Order

US Mint offers yearly subscriptions and point of sale orders. I believe subscribers get filled first.

Subscriptions are subject to repricing. I had a subscriptions for 10 AE Silver Proof to be shipped to me each year. But when the price went up, I cancelled the subscription altogether.

But if the item is for sale and you place the order before the US Mint temporary suspends the item, you will get it. I purchased 20 2010 ATB Silver Proof sets just before the item was temporary suspended and my order was filled. Even thought the items was repriced to 39.95 later.

I purchased 3 Gold AE Proofs last month for $1885 each, but they were on back order and would not ship until Friday, Sept 16 (tomorrow). Even thought the Gold AE Proof have been repriced to $2,135 and the back down to $2,085, I still get them for $1,885.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "U.S. Mint for smaller orders"