Saigongolds picks

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
saigongold
saigongold's picture
Hat Tips: 517
Saigongolds picks

After many months of research and deliberation FINALLY i have jumped in and bought my positions. $15k split between the following with Sandstorm Gold, Aberdeen International and Sandstorm Metals and Energy being my largest holdings.

My aim is to top up each month with $1-2k, split between the companies with an aim to hold for 5 years.

Claude Resources
Golden Predator
Carpathian Gold
Malbex Resources
Xtierra Inc
Alto Venures Ltd
Aberdeen International
Sandstorm Metals and Energy

Sandstorm Gold 

Wish me luck, this is my first investment into any shares in my whole life. Anyone else holding any of these?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:20
metcoalfan
metcoalfan's picture
Hat Tips: 1982
Aberdeen

Don't overlook the warrants, mgmt is on record wanting them in the money and they have at least 3 IPOs before they expire, and based on comments, they will probably extend them them if they can't get there, but I think they will.

saigongold
saigongold's picture
Thanks, I will look into

Thanks, I will look into them. I already own some sandstorm warrants expiring 2015 and have been looking at the New Gold warrants, any others you suggest looking at?

saigongold
saigongold's picture
Sandstorm Energy and Metals - $15million payment to Thunderbird

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, Aug 29, 2011 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Sandstorm Metals & Energy Ltd. ("Sandstorm Energy" or the "Company") /quotes/zigman/596895 CA:SND +1.96% has completed a US$15 million payment to Thunderbird Energy Corp. ("Thunderbird") /quotes/zigman/427689 CA:TBD -2.38% in accordance with the natural gas purchase agreement announced on July 13, 2011. Under the terms of the agreement, Sandstorm Energy is entitled to purchase 35% of all natural gas produced from the Gordon Creek project located in Utah, USA. Sandstorm Energy will purchase the natural gas at a price equal to the lesser of the prevailing market price and US$1.00 per Mcf of gas delivered plus 20% of the market price received above US$4.00 per Mcf.

Sandstorm Energy's payment to Thunderbird was made with cash on hand and is the first of two payments totaling US$25 million. The second $10 million payment will be remitted on May 15, 2012.

Thunderbird will be using the proceeds for the development of the Gordon Creek project which will include drilling 50 new wells and the completion of workover operations on five existing wells. For more information on Thunderbird or the Gordon Creek project, please visit www.thunderbirdenergy.com .

saigongold
saigongold's picture
ATV - Alto Ventures Thoughts?

I have a small position in ATV but it seems many people really love the stock - why is that?

There are certain stocks that I get as BOG says a 'warm and fuzzy' feeling about such as Sandstorm, Malbex, Xtierra but with Alto I don't get that feeling. At the same time I feel my position should be larger given I plan to hold 5 years and the price is so low.

What positive things can you tell me about Alto that I may not know, even what negative things I haven't come across.

Thanks, its payday need to establish how to spread my money, can't believe the value in these miners at the moment

BagOfGold
BagOfGold's picture
Hat Tips: 15486
saigoned...

saigongold wrote:

I have a small position in ATV but it seems many people really love the stock - why is that?

There are certain stocks that I get as BOG says a 'warm and fuzzy' feeling about such as Sandstorm, Malbex, Xtierra but with Alto I don't get that feeling. At the same time I feel my position should be larger given I plan to hold 5 years and the price is so low.

What positive things can you tell me about Alto that I may not know, even what negative things I haven't come across.

Thanks, its payday need to establish how to spread my money, can't believe the value in these miners at the moment

I responded to you over on my thread at Kitco...& I will repost here!!!...

It "should" be/have been a great stock!...The resources they have...good gold grades over a large area...& the properties they are exploring are/were amazing when we all started piling into Alto!...When I first put Alto on "the list"...it was 9 1/2 cents...an incredible bargain at that price!...However...no sooner was Alto put on "the list"...then within a week...this Joe Dwek fellow financed Alto's exploration with "flow through" shares(tax write offs for the rich)...& who could have seen this coming?...Since being put on "the list"...Joe Dwek has kept selling on the 1/2 penny spread...all the way to where it currently is...at 4 cents!...The majority of us have Alto shares...& we have all averaged down now to this 4 cent level!...When will the carnage end?...Who the hell knows!...I suggest that everyone not buy any more shares at this point...but to let a sleeping dog lie...put the shares away...& hope Joe Dwek goes away soon...or if any of you are not willing to wait for him to leave...then I suggest that you sell Alto...later on in the year...& claim it as a tax loss!...Joe Dwek & his flow through share financing to small exploration companies...are in my opinion...down there in the same category as pay day loans (loan sharking)!...Alto has made the "deal with the devil"...along with many other exploration companies...& their share prices...have been brought to their knees by this devil!...If you search this thread...the discussion about Joe Dwek has been brought up many times...& there is no use in rehashing what has been discussed...over & over again!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
I'm with you on Claude

Good Luck friend!

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

BagOfGold
BagOfGold's picture
Hat Tips: 15486
saigoned...

saigongold wrote:

After many months of research and deliberation FINALLY i have jumped in and bought my positions. $15k split between the following with Sandstorm Gold, Aberdeen International and Sandstorm Metals and Energy being my largest holdings.

My aim is to top up each month with $1-2k, split between the companies with an aim to hold for 5 years.

Claude Resources
Golden Predator
Carpathian Gold
Malbex Resources
Xtierra Inc
Alto Venures Ltd
Aberdeen International
Sandstorm Metals and Energy

Sandstorm Gold 

Wish me luck, this is my first investment into any shares in my whole life. Anyone else holding any of these?

You should do very well...with these penny miners...as you are aware...most of these pennies have been on "the list" for quite awhile!...Hopefully...it will be sooner...rather than later (5 years?...LOL!!!)...they will perform beyond "your wildest dreams"!!!...

Thank You for your support...as I am with you...all the way!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Moderator Washington
Moderator Washington's picture
Saigongold-please edit your post

We don't want to be simply copying entire articles.  The proper approach is to copy a paragraph or two, and then give the link to the original.  See item #10 in the "Community Guidelines"

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/community-guidelines

If you don't get back to this in time to edit, I'll just delete it in the morning and you can then go ahead and repost in a revised format.  

Have a great day!

saigongold
saigongold's picture
Sandstorm News

Ah, apologies and I have missed the time limit to edit the post - sorry:)

Sandstorm News:

Nolan Watson is streaming a lot of business for two companies named Sandstorm

Nolan Watson isn’t getting much rest these days. When he’s not flying across North America and Europe to meet investors and prospective business partners, chances are he’s hunkered down in his Vancouver office for up to 18 hours a day trying to get “things out the door.” It’s a grind for sure, but Watson, the 32-year-old CEO of Sandstorm Gold Ltd. and Sandstorm Metals & Energy Ltd., isn’t complaining.

http://business.financialpost.com/tag/nolan-watson/

saigongold
saigongold's picture
A great opportunity is here

A great opportunity is here for me to top up my long term holds at a nice discount, will wait the rest of the week out and see what happens.

Sandstorm Gold is my number one holding, they have solid management from Silver Wheaton and have an excellent business model, similar to Franco-Nevada

They are a pure gold streaming company, providing finance to miners in return for a % of the mines returns.

Its late here, will post some of my DD tomorrow, i also have a similar holding in their sister company Sandstorm Metals and Energy.

52 week High: $1.67
52 week Low: $0.64
Trading at $1.18
Market Cap: $390m

Monday August 1, 2011
Share Capitalization
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Issued & Outstanding 329,320,334

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
113,459,954 Warrants Outstanding

93,770,429 Exercise @ US$0.60, Expire April 23, 2014
19,689,525 Exercise @ US$1.00, Expire October 19, 2015
13,160,000 Options Outstanding

40,000 Exercise @ $0.10, Expire July 31, 2012
3,500,000 Exercise @ $0.45, Expire June 16, 2014
700,000 Exercise @ $0.44, Expire July 6, 2014
2,000,000 Exercise @ $0.435, Expire July 28, 2014
100,000 Exercise @ $0.67, Expire May 19, 2015
6,820,000 Exercise @ $0.68, Expire November 26, 2015

I am a fan of the warrants, accumalating a mix of both those and the commons, i prefer the 2015 warrants even though they have a premium attached.

saigongold
saigongold's picture
A great opportunity is here

A great opportunity is here for me to top up my long term holds at a nice discount, will wait the rest of the week out and see what happens.

Sandstorm Gold is my number one holding, they have solid management from Silver Wheaton and have an excellent business model, similar to Franco-Nevada

They are a pure gold streaming company, providing finance to miners in return for a % of the mines returns.

Its late here, will post some of my DD tomorrow, i also have a similar holding in their sister company Sandstorm Metals and Energy.

52 week High: $1.67
52 week Low: $0.64
Trading at $1.18
Market Cap: $390m

Monday August 1, 2011
Share Capitalization
Total Issued & Outstanding 329,320,334

113,459,954 Warrants Outstanding

93,770,429 Exercise @ US$0.60, Expire April 23, 2014
19,689,525 Exercise @ US$1.00, Expire October 19, 2015
13,160,000 Options Outstanding

40,000 Exercise @ $0.10, Expire July 31, 2012
3,500,000 Exercise @ $0.45, Expire June 16, 2014
700,000 Exercise @ $0.44, Expire July 6, 2014
2,000,000 Exercise @ $0.435, Expire July 28, 2014
100,000 Exercise @ $0.67, Expire May 19, 2015
6,820,000 Exercise @ $0.68, Expire November 26, 2015

I am a fan of the warrants, accumalating a mix of both those and the commons, i prefer the 2015 warrants even though they have a premium attached.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Saigongolds picks"