GoldMania3000's picture
Hat Tips: 5332
Carbine Resources

sorry meant resources not minearls

GoldMania3000
GoldMania3000's picture
West African

Seems that there are some very interesting west african explorers that have some very interesting properities. What I found about this one is that these are the same folks that put Ampella on the map.  It will be interesting to see if this/these turn out to be red back type of oz and take over prospects in the near future.

From what i have heard this area is very rich and untapped.  So the Austrian companies are getting into this area.  I just so some of their results from last night. Some nice high grade stuff.  An event driver vs. market driver. 

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Hat Tips: 34248
I have some action in this

I have some action in this one and the market obviously liked their new high grade find.   I also believe there are some "deep pockets" watching this action that might want to get in, although not sure it was this one.   I trust the people that had me cut the check for this one so I'm sticking with it and maybe buying more.  

GoldMania3000
GoldMania3000's picture
Thanks for sharing Green

Thanks for sharing Green Lantern. I suspect we are getting our insights from the same source:) For they have helped me 10x my net worth in 5 years. That's pretty good.  I'm curious, if you wish to share (or anyone else) how you may have your portfolio divided up from a gold/silver perspective.  i.e. 30 % juniors, 30% producers/majors, etc   I have not played in the majors yet as most of my money has been made with junior discoveries/buy outs. But now it appears we maybe on the cusp of a break out in some of the big boys and thinking it's a good time to get into some of them.  doubles and triples are great and i suspect at some point we will see some of these majors become Apple like.  I mean Kinross or yam or GG could be the $400-$500 stocks in the next 3-5 years.  So why not get in on some of that action. 

And there's those mid-caps that have discovered gold and looking to increase their resources which could go north to the extreme.   and then of course are prospect generators.  

So how should one best play it from a ratio perspective.  i've heard many thoughts on this and there's probally no wrong or right..it's about what is one's risk level.

And curious of others thoughts on how much dry powder to keep around. Again no wrong or right, but some say have 30% of your net work in cash to buy on those nice dips. 

Let me be clear for those reading this, my intention is to expand my wealth..not to buy things, but just for the fun of it.  Protection of my net worth is good too.  I'm into gold/silver because of what it has to offer me in terms of profit. And yes I want to protect my wealth too. but i feel im going to need much more wealth in the future to survive.  And  the stocks are the method to get to that destination point.

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Hat Tips: 34248
Hi Peace Silver, I love your

Hi Peace Silver,

I love your question about the mix between juniors and producers because that is the same exact question I'm asking myself right now.   The juniors are wonderful if you want to seismically increase your holdings but as you know sometimes it can be a two year wait and if nothing pans out, you are selling in those two years sometimes with profit and sometimes not.  Obviously, if you have a good mix and the best of the best, the good ones outweigh the bad ones.   However, I agree with you why not get into some of the big gold action as it seems to me that I should also leverage the rising price of gold with the producers as they move much faster and they will probably be the ones the crowd gets into first and the ones we will sell first.  And then use that money to either buy physical or other juniors.   

I don't buy the top tier producers because they are too expensive.  The next one I'm looking at is AuRico Gold (AUQ) because they just acquired Northgate Minerals so their stock took a hit and now it's stabilized and on sale.   Anyway, I don't have any particular strategy whats's the best mix. 

As far as dry powder, as you know the guy that's recommended Carbine has been saying since 2008 to have dry powder over and over again.  And I have been listening.    But what I'm hearing from just about everyone is that the miners could start shooting up very soon, at least the big producers.   With everybody screaming gold is going parabolic, it doesn't make too much sense to wait too long.  So after labor day,  I'm looking to open the flood gates and buy more.  But I want to hear the news of what's happening with the giant credit mess in Europe with Germany and France to Issue more money (print) and bonds to finance the PIIGS.   But I'm gonna pull the trigger soon because I'm hoping we are getting to the point where the cliche wait 3-5 years is turning into wait 6 months to a year. 

Did you listen to the Boss's teleconference?  I haven't but will listen today. 

GoldMania3000
GoldMania3000's picture
The boss

Yes I listened to the Boss. And he's very bullish on PMs.."we are on the cusp of the bull market in PMs" I have to go back and relisten later this weekend.  He is actually bullish (from what i heard) on some of the bigger boys because their revenue will double because of the price of gold.  

But as you now some of the smaller-mid size ones that have just found a lot of gold (in west africa, etc) could explode and be potential take overs.  He emphasized that in the next 6 months we will see take overs, mergers, etc.  And maybe we see the mania in the next 6 months vs. 3 years.  I've been waiting since 2004.   Thank god for some of those juniors he put us in:)

I think i will too pull the trigger on some of the producers and maintain liquidity (in the form of cash and gold ETF--just like the boss does:)  

And so glad that there's someone else out there who follows the boss:)  Gratefull for these folks

Jasper Puddlemaker
Jasper Puddlemaker's picture
Hat Tips: 1879
I'm in...

@ .17 $AU

Drill results soon.

GoldMania3000
GoldMania3000's picture
Blossom

Congrats Jasper. Lets watch this one blossom

GoldMania3000
GoldMania3000's picture
Will Patience pay out

Carbine Resources* (ASX:CRB) 14c/s, mkt cap A$21m – new MD takes helm 

The board of Carbine Resources have appointed Peter Sheehan to be the new MD of Carbine Resources replacing the resignation of Aoife McGrath.

Peter has spent the last six years with IAMGOLD and has 17 years experience in geology in Australia, African and in the Americas

Sheehan has also worked with Rennison Goldfields Consolidated, Goldfields, Placer Dome and BHP Billiton

Peter’s time working on geology in remote and challenging parts of Africa should give him the skills and expertise to complete the good work done on Carbine’s licenses in the north of Burkina Faso.

Investors may be forgiven for some frustration with the slow progress at Carbine which is largely due to the very slow turnaround of assays from sampling and drilling in Burkina Faso.

The country has experienced such a rush of active gold miners that the local and regional accredited laboratories have been overrun with work for some time.  The rare occurrence of visible gold also hinders the geological work causing certain frustration of geologists who are keen to declare discoveries at an early stage.

Geological work in Burkina Faso is therefore a slow, methodical and sometimes frustrating experience but can also be highly rewarding considering the number of discoveries made in recent years.

Burkina Faso now has over 13 million ounce gold discoveries with many more likely in our view over the next few years.  We can only apologise on behalf of the overworked laboratory workers in Burkina Faso for the slow progress being made.

Conclusion:  we continue to recommend Carbine Resources for its discovery potential.  We expect the company to complete a JORC resource this year and reckon this should add tangible value to the business in time.

*Fairfax have acted for Carbine Resources on the placement of shares in past issues

GoldMania3000
GoldMania3000's picture
Getting closer

Results coming very soon. Will see. predictions?

GoldMania3000
GoldMania3000's picture
(No subject)

GoldMania3000
GoldMania3000's picture
getting very close

to some results. will they be good. will they prove something or just have to wait until the exploration process goes along further.  

GoldMania3000
GoldMania3000's picture
CARBINE RESOURCES CONFIRM

CARBINE RESOURCES CONFIRM CONTINUITY OF GOLD MINERALISATION AT GOUSSIRDOU PROSPECT

HIGHLIGHTS

Follow up reverse circulation drilling of gold anomalism has identified primary gold mineralisation extending over 600 metres strike at Goussirdou Prospect

Best results include: 11m at 2.91g/t gold from 60m (GSRC001) 32m at 1.00g/t gold from 100m (GSRC006) 5m at 50.37g/t gold from 13m (GSRC027) 5m at 2.23g/t gold from 19m and 6m at 1.88g/t gold from 69m (GSRC028) 4m at 4.55g/t gold from 98m and 1m at 20.31g/t gold from 107m (GSRC029)

Goussirdou mineralised structure still untested to the north and south Assay results from RC drilling at Nazala Prospect pending First pass aircore program results over Foufaka Prospect pending

Carbine Resources Limited (ASX: CRB) is pleased to report gold assay results from over 6,500m of reverse circulation (RC) drilling conducted in November and December 2011 at Goussirdou and Dore prospects on the Madougou Project, Burkina Faso (Figure 2).

Goussirdou Prospect

Thirty three RC drill holes for 4,393m were completed in November and December 2011 on the Goussirdou Prospect at Carbine’s Madougou Project in northwest Burkina Faso (Figure 1 & Appendix 1). Drilling targeted two previously identified distinct gold mineralised intervals (the first up to 30m wide) on three sections spaced 200m apart, around North-South striking lithological contacts with associated quartz veining and shearing. Results showed a strong correlation at depth in the primary geochemistry of these previously identified gold zones in aircore drilling. Of particular encouragement is the continued large widths observed in the RC, including:

carbine@carbineresources.com.au www.carbineresources.com.au

Australian Office

ABN 81 122 976 818 Suite 23, 513 Hay Street Subiaco WA 6008 PO Box 1311 Subiaco WA 6904 phone +61 8 6142 0986 fax +61 8 9388 8824

Burkina Faso Office

128 Rue Kindfu Secteur 13 Zone du Bois 01 BP 1621 Ouagadougou 01 phone. +226 5036 8077 fax. +226 5044 7033 11m at 2.91g/t gold from 60m (GSRC001); 32m at 1.00g/t gold from 100m (GSRC006); 7m at 1.23g/t gold from 105m (GSRC011); 6m at 1.15g/t gold from 107m (GSRC014); 14m at 0.85g/t gold from 112m (GSRC018); 5m at 50.37g/t gold from 13m (GSRC027); and 5m at 2.23g/t gold from 19m and 6m at 1.88g/t gold from 69m (GSRC028).

The North-Northwest striking mineralisation is now defined with RC drilling over approximately 600m, and still has no drilling to the north or south. More RC drilling is required to define the full extent of gold mineralisation prior to any resource definition drilling on the area.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Carbine Minerals "