Page browse buttons at top and bottom of pages for blog comments

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Potato
Potato's picture
Hat Tips: 17
Page browse buttons at top and bottom of pages for blog comments

Hi, the blog comment pages have page browse buttons ( 1, 2, .... N, Next, Last) only at bottom. Please could you add the page browse buttons also at top of the page, after blog text and before first comment?  This would make navigation with my IPad much more easy. To look at last comment of last page, I have to scroll down twice to bottom of page, and with IPad it is very annoying there is a *lot* of comments. Thanks.

UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
I second that.

I second that.

s1lentslayer
s1lentslayer's picture
Hat Tips: 83
Thirded.

Thirded.

johnboatcat
johnboatcat's picture
Hat Tips: 1031
Forth'id

pbreed
pbreed's picture
Hat Tips: 1603
Actually could you also add this on the main page.

I often suft from my phone and having to go into the comments to get to the last page, is three page loads too many.

Paul

Reasonable men adapt themselves to the world, unreasonable men adapt the world to themselves, therefore all progress is due to unreasonable men. -(George Bernard Shaw)

johnboatcat
johnboatcat's picture
Hat Tips: 1031
Has anyone taken notice of this request?

For us tablet and phone users this is a very important request.  Not having a page index at the top is a major pain.  It takes forever to scroll down on an Android tablet.

admin
admin's picture
Hat Tips: 2964
Yep, we pay attention to

Yep, we pay attention to everything that is written here. It's already on the list, but no timetable as of yet for implementing it.  If you want it to be on the fast track, send Turd a donation and explicitly tell him you want the funds to go toward getting this added sooner rather than later.

Site Administrator for TF Metals Report

¤
¤'s picture
Hat Tips: 92321
My only suggestion >>> Any chance TF might consider...

...changing the "IU / Ignore User " feature to a "IP / Ignore Post" feature instead.

I know TF wants to keep things as positive as possible on the website and he's not into censorship. I personally do not like to block an entire user.

As we saw on Labor day weekend, there are some people who object to certain content and maybe not the posters overall contributions.  I think a person who doesn't like what they are seeing should have the option of just blocking that post(s) which they find offensive or not relevant to their viewing expectations. That way the person who  s  feeling negative about something can actually block the posts they don't want to see and feel positive about having 'blocked' the post out.

The person/people who were  blocked then won't have to hear it from the other posters about their content.  Looks like a win/win by just changing the IU to a IP and then no real long term "Ignorance' is possible. Or maybe just add another button for a IP.

It makes a lot of sense. My goal is not to restore or encourage video's or lots of off subject stuff onto the main thread. Just a different way of ignoring people's posts. Just not all of them.

I started a thread in the Frivolity Forum called Planet DPH >>> Life on Display 24/7.

I'm trying to siphon people away from the main thread who are video friendly to another area.

Thanks for your consideration

DPH

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and humility over 3 1/2 years ago. Once a pumper, always a pumper!
http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/170246#comment-170246

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Page browse buttons at top and bottom of pages for blog comments"