Mergers and Acquisitions

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Hat Tips: 11941
Mergers and Acquisitions

Repost from a home page thread. Thought many would be interested here.

I've speculated that we would see this sooner rather than later. Interesting article.

My thoughts are when you see gold companies buying silver companies then you know it is "game on". Nova Gold and Barrick have recently bought copper companies. I think there will be more of this to come as well.

Also note that two big gold companies have quite a bit of silver: Barrick and Gold Corp. The latter has a billion oz. in the ground. I think Barrick does too. Just something to think about if you are looking for companies leveraged with silver as well as gold.

Also at the GATA conference Bob Archer from Great Panther was noted as saying that there would be consolidation among Mexican silver miners.

Get ready for a different gold frenzy: mergers & acquisitions

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/investment-ideas/get-ready-for-a-different-gold-frenzy-mergers-acquisitions/article2131619/

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:20

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

metcoalfan
metcoalfan's picture
Hat Tips: 1982
The only problem is...

A lot of the majors don't have a great track record when they step out of their miner shoes. They have by and large hedged their own product at prices we don't respect. It's definitely interesting they are moving into silver. But when they move to copper too, are they just being execs trying to hit their easy performance contract numbers? I'm still looking more outside the pm sector for signs of confirmation.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Mergers and Acquisitions"