Online Broker for Mining Stocks?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
NeedMoney
NeedMoney's picture
Hat Tips: 41
Online Broker for Mining Stocks?

Besides Interactive Brokers anyone know a good online broker to buy Canadian mining shares? 

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:16
Sterling
Sterling's picture
Hat Tips: 2826
TD Ameritrades give you

TD Ameritrades give you access to Canadian Markets

http://www.tdameritrade.com/standardaccountsdetail.html

Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?

NeedMoney
NeedMoney's picture
Thanks, Is it $9.99 for

Thanks. Is the commission for trading Canadian stocks also $9.99 or is their an extra fee? Their prices are high

Sterling
Sterling's picture
Hat Tips: 2826
I think it's pretty

I think it's pretty convoluted.  I have thinkorswim and with the migration over to TD Ameritrade I was curious as well.  I think I remember seeing the commissions for Canadian stocks was around $20 per trade PLUS a fee for converting to the Canadian dollar.  I tried looking for that page again and I can't seem to find it anymore.

Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Hat Tips: 11941
Damn that is spendy. I wish

Damn that is spendy. I wish more US brokers would give access to the markets of our friends up north. I know I would like to get some more Stakeholder Gold, spin off from Hinterland Minerals.

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

rckt
rckt's picture
Hat Tips: 69
Etrade

9.99 is better than 20.00 cad that etrade charges. Not sure who the cheapest broker would be maybe IB?

NeedMoney
NeedMoney's picture
Looking at Questrade but they

Looking at Questrade but they only open accounts for Canadians. Will give them a call and see if something can be worked out

speconomist
speconomist's picture
Hat Tips: 1809
I think that tradeking is the

I think that tradeking is the cheapest one, not sure if they have access to Toronto Stock Exchange.

http://www.tradeking.com/p/home/tradeking/about/commissionsfees.tmpl

Mike MALOney hater.
Gingers DON'T have souls!

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Hat Tips: 34220
I was thinking of opening a

I was thinking of opening a new online account outside of fidelity, I also use a broker for 90% of my juniors.  So I began doing research.   First here is a good article

on Casey's site on purchasing pink sheet stocks. 

http://www.caseyresearch.com/pdfs/1185898155-060308InvestingAbroad.pdf

Recommended Brokers 

http://www.caseyresearch.com/brokers

So when I searched this forum for a thread and online brokers I found alot of mentions of TD America which doesn't trade on the TSX which is weird since their a Canadian Bank.   So my question to all of you, are you all buying these stocks through an the US OTC markets and paying hidden charges and comissions. 

I called up everyone of Casey's online brokers and I didn't get consistent answers with what he wrote in the article. 

Scottrade does not trade on foreign exchanges.   Penn Trade there is no demo of their interface.   IB interface not to my liking.  Charles Schwab costs $100 for each transaction.   They don't like Etrade but they do trade on foreign exchanges but it's 20 bucks which actually is cheaper than all the others

digg1980
digg1980's picture
Try out OptionsXpress

Hi,

I would avoid AmeriTrade as they are too expensive for the kind of service their provide. For Canadian stocks I would go for OptionsXpress or TD Waterhouse. Though if you want a really descent trading fee & a good service you might want to stick with OptionsXpress, but if you are looking for a local trading where you can hunt the investment firm at your nearest bank branch the TD Water House will fit. I am currently using both where I used OptionsXpress for most of my stocks trades and TD WaterHouse for my mutual fund. To even see more of how OptionsXpress compare to other stock brokers like Etrade & TD Ameritrade, you will want to look at the below two comparisons:

OptionsXpress Broker vs TD Ameritrade Reviews

E Trade Broker vs OptionsXpress Broker

Anyway my final advice. If you are begineer or have a small capital to invest then OptionsXpress is your best bet, else any of these is a fair game.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Online Broker for Mining Stocks?"