Coin shops heavy selling on everything

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
lochsa
lochsa's picture
Hat Tips: 272
Coin shops heavy selling on everything

http://news.coinupdate.com/sudden-temporary-gold-and-silver-price-drop-retail-sales-soar/

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:08
Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Stopped into a pawn shop near

Stopped into a pawn shop near my house just for shits and giggles. They put a kid out on the corner everyday waving a "we buy gold" sign and there are blinking neon bulbs in the windows that you cannot walk past without noticing that they "buy gold and silver!!!!"

They had a handfull of scruffy pre 64 quarters, maybe 10 SAE's, a few slabbed ASE's and that was it. I asked "where's the gold" and they had none, zero, zilch. 

Judging by my other stops at the coin shop recently, most are still deep asleep, don't own any G&S or are hoarding what they have.

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

lochsa
lochsa's picture
Hat Tips: 272
Yes sir shops  starting to

Yes sir shops  starting to just close up after the drops,just for a day or 2,or have some high mark-ups. I would have to say bullishimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvKGWHTMsjhM_sFfNwI0l

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
coinflation.com :)

coinflation.com :)

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

No1Hunter
No1Hunter's picture
Hat Tips: 1324
I went to a gun show this

I went to a gun show this last weekend and one "gun collector" was offering to trade silver for his guns.  $1.50 under spot for generic rounds and $0.50 under spot for ASEs for his over priced used guns.

I said, "No thanks!"

silverstool
silverstool's picture
Hat Tips: 777
Perth Mint Silver Dragons

On Sale as of 1 hour ago.

Just taken delivery of 20 1oz coins at A$ 49.29 each. Way above spot price but I'm happy. Will look like a bargain in a few years. Took 45 mins to get through the system. TIP Go through the coin shop

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Coin shops heavy selling on everything"