US Mint

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
So It Goes
So It Goes's picture
Hat Tips: 2496
US Mint

Anybody think the US Mint can keep their gold price grid current the rising volatility in gold?

I think it will be quite amusing watching them try.  Better than a sit-com :-)

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:31
So It Goes
So It Goes's picture
Update

Hum - 

US Mint gold Buffalo Proof - temporarily unavailable.

And so are all the gold Proof Eagles.

So It Goes
So It Goes's picture
Amusing

Ok, 

I know I am the only one posting on this idea - but I continue to find it amusing.

If you want to buy a mint gold eagle, buffalo, or a platinum eagle you are paying gulp - $400 over spot.

How many do you figure they are going to sell today?

I'll bet an ASE it is about zero.

C'mon - the metals are a market - short term it can go anywhere without reason - but there is no alternative - when it bottoms out it's going to zoom in the other direction - 

Keep stacking.

Brotha Bob
Brotha Bob's picture
Hat Tips: 800
Thank God for dealers

Thank God for dealers. The Mint is insane about it's pricing, or stupid. Since it is the government both could apply.

May God Help Us All

But, what do I know?

Dexter Morgan
Dexter Morgan's picture
Hat Tips: 112
No Surprise

Johnny, I'm in Phoenix, too.  I agree, psychologically the continuing rise in price for 10 years is what has kept a lot of people out, but that's how bull markets work.  Usually in 3 phases, first is contrarian phase, second is smart money or institutions, third phase is public interest, at the top obviously.  The continued reluctance of the average Joe to buy gold only shows to me how much longer this bull has to run. 

I'm not sure what you mean about the $850 price because that was blown away 3 years ago.  But check out this chart from Kitco.  Looks at the tiny risk involved in the last decade if you bought near the 200-day moving average.  This is part of the big picture and lack of understanding the general public has.  I bought 2 more ounces yesterday.  In addition to the price being near the 200-day moving average, the MACD just crossed over turning up.  

I bought at $565 and $680.  I have been buying silver since but now have started collecting more gold.  Not only have I not sold but I am buying more.  My friends were begging me to sell when it was $950.  "You're up 50%, sell!"  Haha  I laugh at these 15% pull backs.  They continue to be great accumulation points.

"A trend remains a trend until proven otherwise."--Technical Analysis, Edwards and Magee

Regards,

Dexter Morgan

gold Technical chart [Kitco Inc.]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "US Mint"