Options MAX PAIN for Silver (August 25)?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
coloane
coloane's picture
Hat Tips: 93
Options MAX PAIN for Silver (August 25)?

The options expiration for silver is August 25 (in two days)

I can't help but think today's takedown by the Cartel is linked to them trying to pin the price of silver to the options MAX PAIN.

Can one of you professional options trader calculate the MAX PAIN for us?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:08
Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Hat Tips: 34241
I can barely calculate the

I can barely calculate the price of my own options but I do know that when silver hit $44 yesterday, I sold my September and December Silver options with quantum speed.   That window opened and closed quickly  Gives me a few months to recover and start thinking about my March 2012 options.    I think I'm gonna slow down the options game BIG TIME with the ridiculous volatility and the constant short term reassessment of silver's short term future.    Stick with Physical and some stocks.

plunder
plunder's picture
Hat Tips: 319
From a week and a half ago

This is just what I hacked together from the CME site, as of 8/11 close. It's old but it's so much trouble to decode CME's wretched data that I haven't found the spare time or ambition to re-do it.

$50 million penalty for closing at $44. Probably went up a bit due to the recent rally.

coloane
coloane's picture
Hat Tips: 93
Plunder, many thanks for

Plunder, many thanks for taking the time to chrun thru this data and provide this chart for us!

Babstar
Babstar's picture
Hat Tips: 565
Thanks plunder Quote: but

Thanks plunder

Quote:
 but it's so much trouble to decode CME's wretched data that I haven't found the spare time or ambition to re-do it.

I'm sure that's all part of the plan,  make things as difficult as possible for the little guy.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Options MAX PAIN for Silver (August 25)?"