VOTE: QEIII announced at Jackson Hole?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
FalseParadigm
FalseParadigm's picture
Hat Tips: 822
VOTE: QEIII announced at Jackson Hole?

I say no.  The market is acting like a meth head that hasn't had its fix for an hour.  Withdrawals haven't even begun and they're begging for more.

The next fix doesn't come until the user is convulsing on the floor laying in their own vomit.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:08
Keg
Keg's picture
Hat Tips: 6910
No.

No.  But what do I know?  Just seems that would be way too obvious.  There will be something else, more of a stealth QE.  To me the big question to me is will equities crash when they get the no answer?  At the last announcement they went down for about 30 minutes after the no QE message.  Then everyone digested the rest of the announcement and the DOW ended up 400 points that day.

Mikey
Mikey's picture
Hat Tips: 469
No. They'll probably do the

No. They'll probably do the reverse repo crap and wait on overt qe until idiots in CONgress start crying for it.

jackmeoff
jackmeoff's picture
Hat Tips: 689
They will say no

They will say no but do it behind the curtain.

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Pretty sure Benflation will

Pretty sure Benflation will say what he always says, a bunch of quiver-lipped lies.

And I agree, they'll have to do it covertly but the S&P is still at 1160. We'd have to be well under 1000. Just waiting with my shorts pulled up tight to watch the real fireworks. 

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Old Major
Old Major's picture
Hat Tips: 230
YES on QE3; NO they'll announce it

I don't think they'll officially announce QE3 this week, it's just too unpopular.  I agree that covertly QE3 is already being carried out.

The Fed and government will collaborate to “help” the housing market (again).  Anything to reduce mortgage payments… more of the same, but much much bigger… special streamlined refinance rates, write down loans, direct government loans that don’t have to be paid back, 0% down rent to own foreclosure homes, etc.   

Besides theft through taxation and confiscation, inflation is the only thing they know how to do.  Further debasement of the dollar is what we can expect.  Take advantage of days like today to buy more physical.  

Sycee
Sycee's picture
Hat Tips: 487
A rose by any other name is

A rose by any other name is still a rose. How can the US continue to issue debt at these levels without more easing? 

Oh yeah. Just in case I'm wrong I bought some TBT calls. I certainly think 23 is the bottom for a while, even if there's more printing of money.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "VOTE: QEIII announced at Jackson Hole?"