Roubini calls gold a "Hyperbolic Bubble"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paladex
Paladex's picture
Hat Tips: 2871
Roubini calls gold a "Hyperbolic Bubble"

Everybody's favorite gloom 'n doomer said that gold was in a hyperbolic bubble, and asked this question today, "How much of gold long positions are financed now, as Nasdaq was in late '90s, with leverage? Do CME data show that?"

http://www.businessinsider.com/roubini-gold-is-in-a-bubble-2011-8#ixzz1Vs8OZPtB

For all the many reasons repeated daily on this site, it is unlikely that gold is actually in a bubble, but what about his question re: leverage? It's a fair question to ask, and I'd be curious to hear the answer. 

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:04

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”
― Mark Twain

sconcedeleon
sconcedeleon's picture
Hat Tips: 189
Roubini said gold was in a

Roubini said gold was in a bubble at $900.  I respect his opinions on virtually everthing but gold.

tmosley
tmosley's picture
Hat Tips: 14948
Roubini's head is in a

Roubini's head is in a bubble, and he can't see out.

dropout
dropout's picture
Hat Tips: 4840
Those who own and hold the

Those who own and hold the physical have nothing to worry about. Those who own the paper equivalent purchased via options on margin are hating life right now! I think this is what Roubini was referring to. Margin debt is at an all time high, or very close to it. Buying precious metals via margins is a fools game, best left to the professional thieves.

Yes. I used to respect Roubini's opinions also. Key phrase "used to". I now consider him a 'sell out' to the TBTF's.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Roubini calls gold a "Hyperbolic Bubble""