E-mail I just sent to some co-workers and relatives

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
R man J
R man J's picture
Hat Tips: 2562
E-mail I just sent to some co-workers and relatives

I am writing because we are just days or a few short weeks from entering into a US dollar crisis that we have not witnessed in our lifetimes. As you know, I keep up with the financial blogs. What is really happening to the banks in Europe is already a major crisis which is unfolding as far worse than 2008. This is  soon coming to the US. Without going into detail, the bottom line is that we are weeks away from desperate rescue of the financial system via huge money printing/bailout programs.

This means the US dollar is soon to see massive devaluation. And rapid inflation of prices. Gold has gone from $1395 just 6 months ago to $1865 as I write as nations and banks fly to safety from doomed paper currencies. Gold will go to $2500 and more within the next 6 months.

Gold is already becoming unaffordable. Soon it will be unavailable. But amazingly, silver has not yet risen very much. I believe that silver is now the best and only way left for middle class Americans to protect their savings.  I write to you all because there is a chance you will listen to me. Most will not.

(When Obama comes on TV saying that the US dollar will NOT see devaluation, that is the time to IMMEDIATELY get out of the dollar into silver or gold if you can afford it).

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:04
Tripel_Play
Tripel_Play's picture
Hat Tips: 127
How can you be sure that

How can you be sure that we're weeks away?  What happens if gold/silver drops during the next few weeks?  What will your friends/colleagues say then?  I'm all for educating friends and family, but trying to scare them into buying is not my thing.  It might work, but it might backfire miserably. 

aether
aether's picture
Hat Tips: 324
in my experience trying to

in my experience trying to educate friends and family, no one wants to listen. most people cant think past what the TV or the public schools have taught them.

scaring them will further cause them to ignore you. imo, you must appeal to one emotion if you want them to listen (as most people decide with emotion prior to digesting the info with their brain ;) )

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Backfire. Save your energy.

Backfire.

Save your energy. You CAN'T save other people by scaring them, only giving them info and supporting them will work. If you go the scare route you're no better than any other propagandist out there. You're better than than because you're honest and educated, so pick your battles and your tools wisely.

You also have to understand how memetics works. When someone has a mind virus, the mind virus will do anything in it's power to save itself including sacrificing the host. That means, people will still believe in "money" and their stock portfolio even if it's worthless. They will defend the EE's actions even though it's robbing them blind. The problem is not money, it's the idea or the concepts/memes that are buried deep into the subconscious.

If you really want to help, you need to lead by example and show them, not tell them. You need to tap the subconscious by tilling up the bad viruses, planting new seeds and watering them slowly over time. Aether said it; you need to appeal to emotion.

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

AugmentedFourth
AugmentedFourth's picture
Hat Tips: 346
I agree...

There's no problem in trying to educate those around you. If they want it.

First thing though: You should never, ever, ever, ever put timelines on your predictions/warnings/advice! You can't time the market.

Also, people will be more pissed at you when they lose money than they will be grateful when profiting. That's just how the human mind works...

Furthermore, I always try to avoid volunteering specific advice, especially to those who are inexperienced. I'll share picks and tips with people who want to talk about it, sure. But some people will just take your advice, do absolutely no research whatsoever, sit on it for a while, then just make a move based on your ​month old data! See: there's time value decay in your advice. Unfortunately, in the recipients mind, your association with that advice and the results of their actions based upon it doesn't decay.

Finally, your upping your risk, not pure monetary but professionally and socially. Besides the cheesiness of mass-emails in general, you're giving your entire social and professional circle an opening to say: "You idiot" in the future. Sure...you might have a chance to  say "I told you so" but that's worth nothing while the former outcome might cost you a job/clients/friends/etc...

ouchtouch
ouchtouch's picture
Hat Tips: 588
I agree with the points made

I agree with the points made above, and let me add, you are painting a big target on your back.  These people are going to come looking for you when the SHTF and expect you to share.

ouchtouch
ouchtouch's picture
Hat Tips: 588
I agree with the points made

I agree with the points made above, and let me add, you are painting a big target on your back.  These people are going to come looking for you when the SHTF and expect you to share.

Cerote
Cerote's picture
Hat Tips: 258
As Elihu Goldratt said,

Anyone who thinks you can use a rational argument to overcome an emotional reaction, has probably never been married.

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
ouchtouch wrote:I agree with

ouchtouch wrote:

I disagree.  This isnt noah's ark.  There will not be a hoard of people that were warned in the past that suddenly come knocking to your door while you get to stand there and say "I told you so" and shun them much to thier dismay and much to your ego's liking. 

The sad truth is most people wont get it even after the dollar value gets cut in half, or by 70%, or down to 0.

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
When the student is ready,

When the student is ready, the Master shall appear. 

I'm the first one to admit that it took me a good 2 months just to break down enough garbage in my head and understand the fundamentals well enough to buy that first roll of junk silver. Until that point, I was only trying to protect myself (memes) and did not know any better. So, try to relay your own personal experience to help others understand they're not alone (because they WILL feel that way). 

Augmented made a great point which you'll come across a lot; timelines. I lost immediate respect for all the shills that said there's no way silver would make it past $25 as it sailed right past it with ease. I've deleted more blogs than I've saved in my bookmarks because everyone and their sister is OBSESSED with calling tops and bottoms, giving more precise timelines than Nostradamus, etc. No one respects these jackasses and they're everywhere (even on this forum) so don't be one yourself.

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Red Pill
Red Pill's picture
Hat Tips: 1331
I agree that attempting to

I agree that attempting to basically frighten people into acting will likely backfire, unfortunately. especially when in a few weeks the situation is (invariably never) quite as you have painted it, ie Dollar hasnt yet collapsed, and silver's been hammered again. 

someone (on here I think) suggested buying family & friends you care enough about a silver coin for birthday or xmas present, to introduce them to the idea, and leaving a permanent memento of the conversation in their possession.

then every time they've gained another 5 or 10% in a day or 2, you can keep coming back to it to remind them, just let time and circumstance convince them that you are right. 

If you're short on cash you could just open them a free Bullionvault account (with the free Oz of Silver) and email them their logins. If you pick your timing and do it just before the start of a rally, then they have some skin in the game and can see their free Oz appreciating and do the maths with how much they could be gaining compared to what they actually are currently with their savings. 

Also, this latest video 

by Mike Maloney got through to 5 previously unsure people all together this weekend, a group breakthrough, was awesome, its a powerful tool, just get them pinned down and properly watching with no distractions. ..Cost to me, €35 for an HDMI lead, 1 Kentucky bucket €20, group breakthrough, priceless :) 

good luck. 

I can only show you the door..
Take the Red Pill
#Occupy Money

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "E-mail I just sent to some co-workers and relatives"