What to do?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cucamonga
Cucamonga's picture
Hat Tips: 581
What to do?

I'll put this up to the community...I've saved a few dollars for my 3 year old daughter which is currently wasting away in a money market.  It's obvious that this is not an ideal place to leave the funds.   Any ideas on how to allocate these funds?  All silver, all gold, gold/silver mix, other.  Feedback is appreciated.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:27
UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
I can't and won't tell you

I can't and won't tell you what to do, but I'll tell what I'm doing for my kids. A little cash.. a little silver.

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Cash and silver, too. Also

Cash and silver, too.

Also have a custodial account sitting in cash waiting for the market to hit the end of the death spiral so it can ride the next bubble to ∞ and beyond. 

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Bobbi
Bobbi's picture
Hat Tips: 712
Just my 2 cents

Gold is a proven safe-haven and increasingly is becoming money again.  And, it isn't prone to wild swings such as silver which is also an industrial metal.

Bobbi
Bobbi's picture
Hat Tips: 712
BTW, Cucamonga LOVE your avatar

A terrier with a smoke and an attitude .... priceless!

Cucamonga
Cucamonga's picture
Hat Tips: 581
Feedback

Thanks for the responses! I'm going to go with the cash/silver mix.  Despite the foolishness of this I have put a little bit away in I-Bonds.  Very interested to see what happens to these savings bonds when/if hyperinflation starts.

@Bobbi.  Thanks.  That's Barnabas - dearly departed - I miss him a bunch.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "What to do?"