The more things change the more they remain the same

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
madtig6
madtig6's picture
Hat Tips: 489
The more things change the more they remain the same

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest we become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

(scroll down after you guess)

Cicero, 55 B.C.

What have we learned in 2,066 years?

Evidently nothing...

And we all know what happened to the Roman Empire...... are we arrogant enough to think it won't happen to this Empire?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:27
madtig6
madtig6's picture
Hat Tips: 489
Sorry: didn't mean to create a new forum

Was supposed to be under "Everything else"

Bobbi
Bobbi's picture
Hat Tips: 712
Yes, all these things should be done

But will they be?  Sadly no, once you realize that we are a one-party system ruled by the ultra-rich that basically appoint our Presidents irregardless of the popular vote.

Yes, we apparently (by virtue of popular culture and please do not include me in "the wave") are arrogant enough.

I don't like it or agree with it, but we are headed to hell in a handbasket.

maravich44
maravich44's picture
DivineCosmos and The Quickening. @ Mr Steed.

I might have chosen the improper thread but anyway. If you have the time and inclination, take a look around here. Fascinating stuff.         DivineCosmos.com.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "The more things change the more they remain the same"