Malaysia's Kelantan State issues its own gold and silver currency

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wizard
Wizard's picture
Hat Tips: 3116

And so begins the change back to a Gold and Silver Standard.
I wonder how long it will take to spread.
or how quickly it will be squashed.
What do you think of this start in a small corner of the world?

http://inteltrends.wordpress.com/2010/08/16/malaysias-kelantan-state-issues-its-own-gold-and-silver-currency/

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:04
BUDDHA PRINCESS
BUDDHA PRINCESS's picture
Hat Tips: 4466
Gold and Silver coins to be considered legal tender in the State

Wizard wrote:

And so begins the change back to a Gold and Silver Standard.
I wonder how long it will take to spread.
or how quickly it will be squashed.
What do you think of this start in a small corner of the world?

http://inteltrends.wordpress.com/2010/08/16/malaysias-kelantan-state-issues-its-own-gold-and-silver-currency/

Gold and Silver coins to be considered legal tender in the State of Utah 

On Thursday, June 2nd Governor Gary Herbert signed into law a bill that allows gold and silver coins, minted by the U.S. government, to be considered legal tender in the State of Utah. This monumental event means that Utah has officially become the first state in the US to legalize gold and silver as currency – an exciting milestone, not just for Utahns, but for anyone concerned about fiscal stability!

Read rest of article here...
http://bit.ly/pkg7pj

Strongsidejedi
Strongsidejedi's picture
Hat Tips: 11801
That is a big fricking deal!

Wow... Malaysia now is minting gold and silver coinage!

If Pakistan starts accepting that currency, then India will have no choice but to move back into the gold and silver coinage.

Is THIS why India is trying to import so much bullion now?

Wizard
Wizard's picture
Hat Tips: 3116
Being the rookie on the block

Being the rookie on the block that i am, I re-read the article again and noticed the date on it. It is from August 2010 which got me to thinking. Is this small States move into Gold and Silver circulating currency a major contributing factor in other Sovereign Nations moving towards the large scale purchasing of Gold and Silver over the last year that has come to our attention?

And also how could this have happened so quietly being such a major shift away from fiat currency?

infinite_easing
infinite_easing's picture
Hat Tips: 1691
The Islamic Conference has

The Islamic Conference has debated the adoption of a gold standard for years; we may be seeing movement in that direction in years to come, but the prospects for immediate action seem very low. As for Malaysia, I think only one state level government has adopted metals for currency transactions; it does not appear to have garnered any support at the national level.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Malaysia's Kelantan State issues its own gold and silver currency"