James Rawles recommends swapping gold for silver

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
thecoloredsky
thecoloredsky's picture
Hat Tips: 1331
James Rawles recommends swapping gold for silver

The shorts must be screaming, about now: Gold shoots past record $1,800 an ounce. When I last checked, the silver-to-gold ratio was at 45.4-to-1. Again, if you have the vault space, this is a great time to ratio trade out of your 1 ounce gold coins, and into silver bullion coins. (Such as pre-1965 American "junk" silver.)

http://www.survivalblog.com/2011/08/economics_and_investing_896.html

James Rawles was one of the initial bloggers who got me going with silver. He's not an economist, but a bright guy. Not sure parting with gold is a good idea, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:31
Paladex
Paladex's picture
Hat Tips: 2871
yeah ...

I saw this on his blog too. Definitely a logical idea, and if I had more gold I would do it, but I'm with you ... "Not sure parting with gold is a good idea."

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”
― Mark Twain

Brotha Bob
Brotha Bob's picture
Hat Tips: 800
Silver held down

I agree the ratio between the two is wide. Due to Silver being held down. If I had more Gold, it is not a bad idea. But, at this point, I want to hold my gold. Gold has to blow its top before the EE let's silver move further. Gold is where the action will be for a while, I think.

May God Help Us All

But, what do I know?

Animal Sacrifice
Animal Sacrifice's picture
Hat Tips: 1357
A different ratio

I swapped $50K PHYS for the same amount PPLT when the Platinum Gold Ratio on 8/8/11 (this is the second time for me and I made crazy money the first time, I believe last year.)

IF the ratio gets back to 1:1 (and I mean a true 1:1 - like platinum and gold ask prices are identical or gold ask price is even a bit more, I'm selling my remaining $350K CEF and putting it into platinum. Based on my logic and past experience, that is a pretty set and forget winner.

Ogun Lana

//www.cultural-expressions.com/ifa/orisha/ogun.htm>

madcow
madcow's picture
Hat Tips: 1403
Animal.... that is crazy

Animal.... that is crazy money! surprise

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "James Rawles recommends swapping gold for silver"