1oz Pamp Suisse and/or 1 oz Perth Mint Gold

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
oldtimegal
oldtimegal's picture
Hat Tips: 181
1oz Pamp Suisse and/or 1 oz Perth Mint Gold

I would appreciate comments on the 1 oz Pamp Suisse and the 1 oz Perth Mint Gold.  Do not have them in my collection and would like to add  a few.  Just not sure if I should be staying with the Gold Eagles/50 Pesos/ a varietty of the 20 francs.  

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:31
Hagarth
Hagarth's picture
Hat Tips: 2182
Perth Mint imo

Lady Fortuna on the Pamps bother me.  It's an allusion to Greek gods and goddess which the powers that be worship, just a personal preference to stay away from that type of thing.

Fortuna (equivalent to the Greek goddess Tyche) was the goddess of fortune and personification of luck in Roman religion. She might bring good luck or bad: she could be represented as veiled and blind, as in modern depictions of Justice, and came to represent life's capriciousness. She was also a goddess of fate: as Atrox Fortuna, she claimed the young lives of the princeps Augustus' grandsons Gaius and Lucius, prospective heirs to the Empire.[1]

Her father was said to be Jupiter and like him, she could also be bountiful (Copia). As Annonaria she protected grain supplies. June 11 was sacred to her: on June 24 she was given cult at the festival of Fors Fortuna

Going with the Black Swan of the Perth Mint seems much less like worship.

The Black Swan Theory or Theory of Black Swan Events is a metaphor that encapsulates the concept that The event is a surprise (to the observer) and has a major impact. After the fact, the event is rationalized by hindsight.

Suntne vacci laeti.

tmosley
tmosley's picture
Hat Tips: 14948
They are nice enough, but I

They are nice enough, but I wound up trading mine for Krugerrands (1oz) and Philharmonics (fractional).  I just plain like coins better, I guess.

The assay card is nice, but do you really trust it?  You can't even touch it without breaking the card, which is enough of a hindrance for SOMEONE to start screwing around with them.  Can't weight them, or measure volume, or feel them, or do chemical testing in an assay card.

kenklave
kenklave's picture
Hat Tips: 574
I have fractionals of both.

I have fractionals of both. I like the serial number on the pamp. It makes me feel better even though it does nothing to prevent fraud. I likes the Perth better though. My pamp sliIdes around in the case like a cheap toy. The Perth looks nicer and fits snuggly in the case. They are a bit cheaper than coins. Biggest issue is resale value, which I cannot help you with as I haven't sold mine. I would not hesitate to buy either if that is what you want.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "1oz Pamp Suisse and/or 1 oz Perth Mint Gold"