took another shot at getting my mom to buy silver

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
97guns
97guns's picture
Hat Tips: 469
took another shot at getting my mom to buy silver

i mentioned it to her again that maybee she should get some more metal but it was a no go. i got her to buy in last year at $26 for 160oz, i would like to see her protect more of her wealth but at least the bulk of her worth is in real estate. i never give the used car splew i just mention it and hopefully they can put 2 and 2 together.

one of my brothers started buying 2 years ago when he saw me buying, he has around 2,000oz. and 20oz gold, i didn't encourage him at all. my oldest brother doesnt want anything to do with it, in fact 3 weeks ago he said he thinks the economy was turning around, dont know where he got that info from.

the S&P rating announcement made me scared enough to close my final 401K down saturday, its going all to metal.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:08
reefman
reefman's picture
Hat Tips: 2489
Oldest brothers are a bitch -

Oldest brothers are a bitch - speaking from personal experience. 

I pay taxes to a PRIVATE FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION called a "city/municipality".

Dr G
Dr G's picture
Hat Tips: 17890
Good luck. I can't convince

Good luck. I can't convince any of my family. Never mind convincing, I can't even point them in the right direction and have them do research. They just aren't interested. My younger brother has several hundreds of thousands in the bank, and naively assumes he could actually get that out if he ever needed it.

maravich44
maravich44's picture
Siblings @Dr G.

Same here. Same situation.  Tried to get one of my bros to just grab a few $'ss in silver to no avail, been harking on gub/401k. confiscation. They do not grasp this yet!  Keep trying.

silveralchemist
silveralchemist's picture
Hat Tips: 449
I feel you guys

I have been talking to my family about this for years, but very few bit the bullet.  Older brothers especially are the hardest to convince.  I gave them each some silver last xmas that I bought when silver was 23 oz.  I was hoping that when they watched it go to 50 it would inspire them to buy more on their own, but no..

I figure I will just try to make as much as I can and give them the rest when the time comes.   Family is the hardest to convince for anything....keep trying tho....in time they will listen...

And although the clock is ticking...we havent run out of time just yet,....

The interesting thing that I have found in my experience with family and friends is that people with alot of money get it!  They already own gold and silver, and plan to buy more!  People with no money get it!  They want to own it!  The people who have good jobs, 100K income, benefits, etc... DO NOT GET IT!  

It cracks me up

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
I was successful in my

I was successful in my personal life, reaching out to others.  I try not to preach or evangelize however.  I wait for someone to ask me why things are the way they are, I lay out my debt-based monetary system analysis, and if it rings a bell in their brain, so be it.

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

97guns
97guns's picture
Hat Tips: 469
it bothers me becuase

it bothers me becuase its family that were trying to protect. if a collaps really happens i want all my metal to be my metal and not have to become the family bank because theres no way i can let my family starve and beg.

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
97guns wrote:it bothers me

97guns wrote:

it bothers me becuase its family that were trying to protect. if a collaps really happens i want all my metal to be my metal and not have to become the family bank because theres no way i can let my family starve and beg.

That is a lousy situation but it would be even worse if you didnt even have the option to help them, right?  I've considered that exact scenario myself and it frustrates me when they ignore my warnings.  I think however that this debt downgrade finally got john q public's attention.  Its about time.

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "took another shot at getting my mom to buy silver"