Brace for impact

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Silver is money
Silver is money's picture
Hat Tips: 2156
Brace for impact

I expect the NYC corrupt boys to hit us and hit us hard right now.  Good thing we have a dollar to spare before we go red.  Who knows where we will end the day, but it looks like that sucking sound is getting closer and closer. 

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09
Captainjack
Captainjack's picture
Hat Tips: 94
Goldman sachs

What are they on?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/goldman-ups-gold-forecasts-as-recession-risks-rise-2011-08-08

31.00 price target for silver? Are they nuts?

UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
they're just trying to shake

they're just trying to shake people out..

Silver is money
UGrev wrote: they're just

UGrev wrote:

they're just trying to shake people out..

Sounds correct.  I think it is over now.  They dropped silver a full $2 off last night's highs.   

Pax Argentum
Pax Argentum's picture
Agreed. Zero risk for GS to

Agreed. Zero risk for GS to make this call.

Physical gold and silver represent real wealth and are the true 'risk off' play.

"Silver down by $25%" is just GS talking their book.

Pay them no mind and keep stacking.

Pax

Air Garcia
Air Garcia's picture
Hat Tips: 720
why isn't silver following along?

hiyas, 

why have silver and gold separated so much?  how can gold launch and silver is barely a blip on the screen?  

aren't the one's who can't afford gold going into silver and shouldn't it rise - how can they hold it back so much? 

thanks for the insight. 

AG

JG
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine, And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung,
Would you hear my voice come thru the music, Would you hold it near as it were your own?

No1Hunter
No1Hunter's picture
Hat Tips: 1324
No Gold Goldman

I think Goldman has no Gold.   They missed the boat and now are trying to shake it loose so they can get in on the band wagon.  What a bunch of goofs!

madcow
madcow's picture
Hat Tips: 1403
haha yeah silver is pissin

haha yeah silver is pissin me. Its not moving in price, yet options on SLV are rising higher and higher.... grrr.

Silver is money
I expect tomorrow to be much

I expect tomorrow to be much worse for silver, especially if gold pulls back a bit.  $38?  $37?  Anybody's guess.  Hopefully it ends there. 

John Galt
John Galt's picture
Hat Tips: 4906
Silver as Alternative PM Investment?

@ Air Garcia

Those who can't afford Gold are not necessarily buying Silver.

Maybe they're more concerned with buying groceries instead, or sheltering in safe haven investments such as Treasuries (sarc).

Everyone seems to assume there is some "rule" about a historical 15:1 rule of Silver to Gold, which means that today's price of Silver should be over $175.00. Yet it's not happening.

Could it be that logic, common sense and rules no longer have any place in today's markets?

"So you think that money is the root of all evil.
Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?"

Silver is money
John Galt wrote: Everyone

John Galt wrote:

Everyone seems to assume there is some "rule" about a historical 15:1 rule of Silver to Gold, which means that today's price of Silver should be over $175.00. Yet it's not happening.

Could it be that logic, common sense and rules no longer have any place in today's markets?

Agreed. Getting stuck in the mindset of what the markets 'should' do is very dangerous territory here.  I see silver wanting to correct here with a bit of bloodletting.  I cannot explain why it is happening, beyond the fact that it just doesn't look ready to go up again yet.  It isn't because it is seen as an industrial metal because it will now go down in my opinion as the markets stabilize - and the reverse would occur were this to be the case. 

donpaulo
donpaulo's picture
Hat Tips: 3413
being relatively new to the

being relatively new to the silver game, I have some to expect volatility. The roller coaster aka the silver market is always a ride of emotion however it moves... BUT after this last global correction has truly piqued my interest.

Where was the volatility ?

Were the manipulators busy elsewhere ?

If silver is industrial it should have dropped right ?

If it were money it would have risen along with gold and kept pace with the GSR right ?

What the hey is going on with silver at the moment ?

One thing I won't be doing is selling my silver, another thing I am anticipating err hoping and praying for is for silver to hit the 200 day moving average so I can buy some more physical !

all the best to us "contrarians" and keep stacking

bujjai
bujjai's picture
Hat Tips: 144
check this out....$5 silver by a great?

even if it comes close that could be a disaster.....what's the deal with this call?

David Morgan: $75 Silver Looming
by The Gold Report
Published : August 09th, 2011

The new normal could be $75/oz. silver. In this exclusive interview with The Gold Report, David Morgan, editor of The Morgan Report, maps out a path for silver that could sink as low as $5/ounce (oz.) during the summer pullback and then bounce up to $75/oz. to establish a new base level. A consistent Silver Institute Production Cost Standard could help investors make smarter decisions during the coming upswing.

Pax Argentum
Pax Argentum's picture
At first I thought it was

At first I thought it was your typo, then I saw that $5 must surely have been Morgan's.

Honestly, does even the most extreme silver bear dispute that there will be zero, nada, NO silver to be had if prices drop to that level?

If I even saw $20, I'd be backing up the truck.

So, no way we hit single digits, but we can dream. :-)

Pax

Vypuero
Vypuero's picture
Hat Tips: 3999
after watching silver for a year or so...

It appears to have very "flat" periods where little happens interspersed with extreme volatility.  We are just in a flat time, and very oddly in a time when normally flatter markets are going crazy, like the SPX.  It will happen - soon - as TF says, before labor day.

Jasper Puddlemaker
Jasper Puddlemaker's picture
Hat Tips: 1879
Morgan (not "to" $5/oz).

I suspect everyone has figured it out by now, but just in case:  In that interview Morgan said silver could fall $5/oz, not fall to $5/oz.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Brace for impact"