Hat Tips: 16
Breaking News: S&P Downgrades US To AA+

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/sp-downgrades-us-aa-outlook-negative-full-text

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:04
cris
cris's picture
Hat Tips: 3404
Even a $2trillion mistake did not alter outlook

CNN is reporting that S7P wanted to downgrade this afternoon.

Some WH official pointed out a $2 trillion mistake,  WHICH S&P ACCEPTED AS A MISTAKE.

SO they go back and re-do their analysis.

DIDN'T MATTER.

Same critique.

NOT EVEN $2 TRILLION MATTERED.

thecoloredsky
thecoloredsky's picture
Hat Tips: 1331
Friday night theatrics. At

Friday night theatrics. At least they tried to lessen the impact after close. Curious as to what Monday brings....

Prize Fighter
Prize Fighter's picture
Hat Tips: 3349
(No subject)

bern
bern's picture
Hat Tips: 1221
My guess is treasuries are

My guess is treasuries are going to sell off on Monday.  The Treasury dept. will be facing a more hostile market for new debt issuance.  The Fed is going to have their justification and political capital to initiate QE3 come their Aug. 9 FOMC meeting if they don't enact emergency measures before then.  Metals will rise.

Liberty Library ~ PM Bug

silversalmon
silversalmon's picture
Hat Tips: 743
If it keeps on raining the Levee is going to BREAK

If it keeps on raining the Levee is going to BREAK!!

Silver is money
Silver is money's picture
Hat Tips: 2156
bern wrote: My guess is

bern wrote:

My guess is treasuries are going to sell off on Monday.  The Treasury dept. will be facing a more hostile market for new debt issuance.  The Fed is going to have their justification and political capital to initiate QE3 come their Aug. 9 FOMC meeting if they don't enact emergency measures before then.  Metals will rise.

I expect BOTH metals to get margin requirement hikes no later than Sunday night.  This will not be smooth.  The volatility will be insane going forward. 

LVStrapped
LVStrapped's picture
Hat Tips: 312
I only buy physical silver

I only buy physical silver and gold and I'm thinking about making big additions Sunday morning.  I've been waiting to buy more.  I'm thinking this is a good time to lay down another 10k in silver and gold.  What do u guys think?

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

maravich44
maravich44's picture
@LVStrapped. Choices?

I wish I had that problem/opportunity. Silver is beautiful but I would love to have Gold for company. Buy both.   P.S.  "Undaunted Courage" (Lewis and Clark). Great read if history interests you.

mezzrow
mezzrow's picture
Hat Tips: 22
"click!"

bern
bern's picture
LVStrapped - I pulled the

LVStrapped - I pulled the trigger last night and will likely do so again today.  I read an unsourced comment in the blog that physical PMs are up over 2% in India on the US downgrade news.  Floodgates, they are opening IMO.  YMMV.

Liberty Library ~ PM Bug

Silver is money
Silver is money's picture
Hat Tips: 2156
bern wrote: LVStrapped - I

bern wrote:

LVStrapped - I pulled the trigger last night and will likely do so again today.  I read an unsourced comment in the blog that physical PMs are up over 2% in India on the US downgrade news.  Floodgates, they are opening IMO.  YMMV.

2% huh?  That means silver would only need another 8% or so on top of that to be where it was 2 days ago.   frown 

bern
bern's picture
Get it while it's cheap. 

Get it while it's cheap.  YMMV.

Liberty Library ~ PM Bug

LVStrapped
LVStrapped's picture
Hat Tips: 312
Thx guys for the input.  I'm

Thx guys for the input.  I'm pulling the trigger tommorow morning. I'd rather have a couple tubes of ASE then a stack of green backs anyday.   

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Babstar
Babstar's picture
Hat Tips: 565
Italy too big to bail.

Oh boy, Monday is going to be interesting

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/it-just-went-bad-far-far-worse-germany-says-italy-too-big-efsf-save-refuses-carry-euro-bailout-

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Breaking News: S&P Downgrades US To AA+"