Tea People

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
bobby
bobby's picture
Hat Tips: 2892
Tea People

Consider the effect the Tea people have already experienced. They are being hailed as the winners, and derided for their single minded determination to drive the country to ruin. They are hailed as heroes by those who elected them, villains by the legion of talking heads sent forth to destroy them.

You and I both know if they reduce even the dollars scheduled for increase, and increase spending just the same as demanded by baseline budgeting, then long term we may be entering an Economic Winter. (Take a couple minutes to reread that because if you aren’t keeping up then I’m going to lose you and I don’t want to do that.)

If the Tea people gain strength and pick up more seats in the House and Senate, November 2012 (Okay, I’ll take my foot off the brake.), they will potentially overthrow the current leadership and find themselves more in charge of our destiny.  Given they are doomed to failure, imagine their success.

They will own the debate. They will point out the folly of Keynesian Economics.  They will re-wind history to the closing of the gold window by Nixon in 1971. De Gaulle was sending his naval fleet into New York harbor with a decidedly consistent expectation. He tasked his admirals to carry the notes directly to the window and demand payment in gold. A deal, after all is said and done, a deal.

Back to the Tea people, when they really take their long knives to the stacks and stacks of dollars, the impact on GDP will exacerbate. Imagine a jilted lover, or perhaps, a cheated party to an otherwise legal agreement. The viciousness of the attack cannot be overstated.

By God, in whose name I swore a solemn oath, I will not falter in the performance of what I have been called to do. This the commitment the newly elected former shopkeeper/businessman/public servant/banker (NO!) prays in search of strength to be true to his or her duty.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:05
UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
We "Tea People" , as you put

We "Tea People" , as you put it, did NOT get what we wanted (which was "no deal") and we most certainly did NOT win... It was time for the gov't to tighten its belt and instead, the weaker members who were backed by the TP but who aren't technically TP caved and the Repubs rolled the freshman reps that were more aligned with the TP as a result. 

The establishment won.. we "Tea Party" members lost. 

There's a saying in the software industry: "Fail Fast". It means it's better to fail quick and catch the error than to fail later and have to dig and dig and dig to find the answer as to why it's failing so far down the code hole. By then things are a mess and band-aids won't help.. it's time to re-write the mother fucker. Well.. that's where we are.. time for a re-write. 

Paladex
Paladex's picture
Hat Tips: 2871
My issue with the Tea Party

My issue with the Tea Party is that they want to cut everything except interest payments. Which would mean that we, the people, would receive no tangible benefit from our government, and all our tax dollars would flow directly into the pockets of (40% foreign) bankers. 

At what point does the government no longer serve a useful function? Or, to put it another way, what the fuck am I paying for?

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”
― Mark Twain

rassillon
rassillon's picture
Hat Tips: 286
Well, in a perfect world

Well, in a perfect world "tangible benefit" from the government would be negligible unless we were at war.

However, because of deficit spending we have been seeing up-till-now more than our share of "tangible benefit"

We are in debt, it is time to throw away the credit card and pay down the balance, after that we should just cut all income taxes.

You are paying for past consumption.

HTH

mgk1
mgk1's picture
Hat Tips: 3
It used to be that the

It used to be that the government served the will of the people.  Now that has changed such that the people serve the will of the government.

The Tea Party doesn't want to eliminate government, but wants to make it efficient.

Mr. Picklepants
Mr. Picklepants's picture
Hat Tips: 441
mgk1 wrote: It used to be

mgk1 wrote:

It used to be that the government served the will of the people.  Now that has changed such that the people serve the will of the government.

The Tea Party doesn't want to eliminate government, but wants to make it efficient.

This is why the Tea Party is a failure from the get go. Government by nature will never be efficient. It is an impossibility.

The government has never really served the people either. It's just force. It attracts the worst in humanity, and gives power to people you'd never listen too in your day to day life.

I also have a problem with the Tea party because it's wimpy compared to the real thing. It's like calling yourself a tiger, when really your just a declawed kitten.

UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hard to be the tiger when the

Hard to be the tiger when the old cats gang up you.. we are outnumbered, not de-clawed. 

Newby
Newby's picture
Hat Tips: 9
Tea Party

There will come a day real soon when many of you will be thanking the Tea Party for their voice. 

SE
SE's picture
Hat Tips: 2280
Mr. Picklepants wrote:  This

Mr. Picklepants wrote:
  This is why the Tea Party is a failure from the get go. Government by nature will never be efficient. It is an impossibility.

The government has never really served the people either. It's just force. It attracts the worst in humanity, and gives power to people you'd never listen too in your day to day life.

I also have a problem with the Tea party because it's wimpy compared to the real thing. It's like calling yourself a tiger, when really your just a declawed kitten.

Right, for two reasons.  One, the rePUBES have no idea that the dems and repubes are really the same thing, just different shades.  Two, they don't understand gold/silver as money in general.

However, they scare me because of their far-right religious views.  I hope they don't become the Brown Shirts of pre-war Germany.  Remember, Hitler came to power all the way from prison in a decade's time, so ANYTHING can happen.

UGrev
UGrev's picture
I sincerely doubt that. If

I sincerely doubt that. If you want to see brownshirts in the making.. see the TSA.

bobby
bobby's picture
Hat Tips: 2892
only two

hat tips

sheesh

some of you need to learn to read spin

and I am midst a dialogue with another someplace else as to who will be the new SA

My first thoughts went to TSA and dismissed it. Not the depth of belief there.

No, it will come from the morally ambitious amongst us, not a church. But know this, there is a potential for the military itself in some oblique way may be the genesis of a sinister, sedulous group.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Tea People"