Deflation, decoupling and a new trend?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
noodlebowl
noodlebowl's picture
Hat Tips: 1
Deflation, decoupling and a new trend?

Question:  Turds recent post, http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/1853/passing-time , includes videos which point to massive deflation in hard asset pricing--the video is old.  But I am somewhat confused--can we have oil falling to $10 and gold shooting to $1900.  I don't think so, I'm in the inflation camp.

The recent action in silver/markets is interesting with markets getting slaughtered and metals rallying.

It seems like the action lately is the perverse feedback loop of: 1) bad economic numbers 2) Markets fall 3) Fed will respond to markets falling with QE to keep wealth effect alive 4) inflation sensitive assets rally in anticipation.

I'm confused. Thoughts appreciated.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:05
Jasper Puddlemaker
Jasper Puddlemaker's picture
Hat Tips: 1879
noodlebowl wrote: ...can we

noodlebowl wrote:

...can we have oil falling to $10 and gold shooting to $1900.

No.

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
noodlebowl wrote: The recent

noodlebowl wrote:

The recent action in silver/markets is interesting with markets getting slaughtered and metals rallying.

It is quite interesting isnt it.  I dont remember seeing this in any moves that I can remember.  In fact I made previous threads about how the 2 were correlated.

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

Nigel Black
Nigel Black's picture
Hat Tips: 2101
noodlebowl wrote:... The

noodlebowl wrote:
... The recent action in silver/markets is interesting with markets getting slaughtered and metals rallying ...

I smell a setup by the EE.  Call me paranoid (but given that I am paranoid, it won't do much...)

Just keep stacking.  You'll be ahead in the long run.

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
Nigel Black wrote: noodlebowl

Nigel Black wrote:

noodlebowl wrote:
... The recent action in silver/markets is interesting with markets getting slaughtered and metals rallying ...

I smell a setup by the EE.  Call me paranoid (but given that I am paranoid, it won't do much...)

Just keep stacking.  You'll be ahead in the long run.

TBH I dont understand how metals made moves like this with crude sitting at 92.  I'd be even more paranoid if it were only Ag that ran up but Au actually let the attack.  What is going on around here?

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
It looks like everything is

It looks like everything is being manipulated. I can't imagine what would happen if gas hit 5USD/gal here. Transportation costs would skyrocket and everything else would go with it. 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Deflation, decoupling and a new trend?"