tonight's smash-down

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
So It Goes
So It Goes's picture
Hat Tips: 2496
tonight's smash-down

quick look

gold smashed at the outset - silver is fairing better.

Palladium and platinum up.

Interesting - no?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:31
R man J
R man J's picture
Hat Tips: 2562
The view at 5,000 feet

Gold down $16 and silver about even. It's always interesting on Sunday nite. So glad I still have a little time for monthly purchases.  Robin Griffiths (KWN broadcast)  thinks US dollar will go up 15% in the next six months or so, but he still is very bullish on gold.   

Keep acquiring. The big move is coming.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Broadcast.html

Pax Argentum
Pax Argentum's picture
R man J wrote: Keep

R man J wrote:

Keep acquiring. The big move is coming.

Agreed. This is nothng more than a dip to buy on.

Edit: the Big O just announced a deal has been made, hooray, we're saved.

I'll be at the conshop in the morning trading 1-ply for Eagles. See you there.

Pax

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
All is fair and good in the

All is fair and good in the world again!!! Yay!

*fingers crossed for at least $38.50 in sliver again*

$39.50 @ 8:40 CDT

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

ScottJ
ScottJ's picture
Hat Tips: 9168
Shaking the Tree

Those who went short into the weekend expecting another day of turmoil surely got squeezed on the open as the indices gapped up, surely hitting the stop losses of those who were willing to gamble on the US markets tanking in the face of recovery.

Those who went long in gold/silver expecting to catch some more upswing were clobbered on an out of the gate gap down, surely triggering some stops as well.

-

This specifically relates to forex/leverage trading.

--

Perception management in full effect.

Good riddance with those who short equities and go long metals into the weekend of decision for America's transitory fiscal crisis.

So It Goes
So It Goes's picture
Nothing much new

I just read a Bloomberg Account of this debt deal.  Everyone can see that promises to cut 2.2 T (way too small in any event) and not raise taxes is pushing the end closer more quickly.  This pandering was indeed a total nothing.  Not saying I was surprised but the reality always disappoints - one can only hope.

But as the name says, "So It Goes".  Quotation from Vonnegut.

Pretty soon time to buy more. :-)

So It Goes
So It Goes's picture
Smash-down

Odd that after a smash down, both gold and slightly less so for silver are hugging their 7/29 lines almost perfectly and in unision 24 hours after Friday's close.  Computer vs computer, chess masters move for move, an arm-wrestling match.

I've been watching this market for 1 year - so take it for what is worth - which admittedly isn't a lot - but I just can't remember this pattern from the opening.

Something is up - regardless of the news.  This market is going to move unpredictably.  I can feel it.  Wish I could put my finger on it better.  48 hours I think we will all know.

Let's see how it goes.

So It Goes
So It Goes's picture
Answer

Ok,

48 hours later I got my answer.  NO down movement of the precious metals with the debt ceiling passage - as practically everyone seemed to think.  

It's going to be bumpy now - more volatility probably - so have faith and keep stacking :-)

survivalwstyle
survivalwstyle's picture
Hat Tips: 6888
here we go now

remember team BFTD ...

enjoy everyday

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "tonight's smash-down"