3 Reasons to Stick With Gold & Silver

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
No1Hunter
No1Hunter's picture
Hat Tips: 1324
3 Reasons to Stick With Gold & Silver

This is rather interesting, though he still mostly talks about paper but with a twist.  He claims his paper is backed by physical.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/3-reasons-stick-gold-silver-125951694.html%20?sec=topStories&pos=4&asset=&ccode=

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09
No1Hunter
No1Hunter's picture
Three Reasons

"three reasons he keeps silver and gold in his portfolio and thinks any prudent investor should. Here's why:

1) To guard against inflation

2) To protect your portfolio in the event of a full blown financial meltdown and or 2008 near-miss

3) To act as a hedge in a world of ever-devaluing paper currency"

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Bad sign if this goes to MSM

Bad sign if this goes to MSM and things get overzealous. I'm hearing adds on the radio nonstop for gold. We haven't seen the 150MA  since late Feb and we're due every 6 months. I'm a huge bull on all that's shiny, but I want long term health and now I'm nervous.

As far as silver, well we all know JPM's stock price is the current cap. Once it gets close, it's slammed back down. They're going to use that trick until all the physical is gone IMHO. Besides, who do you think is buying it at suppressed prices???????

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

No1Hunter
No1Hunter's picture
Who is buying it?

"Besides, who do you think is buying it at suppressed prices???????"

Me, but it's just a drop in the bucket compared to the big boys!!! LOL 

Did you notice a lot of the comments were in regards to guns and ammo.

Desert Fox
Desert Fox's picture
Hat Tips: 3567
No1Hunter wrote: Did you

No1Hunter wrote:

Did you notice a lot of the comments were in regards to guns and ammo.

I picked up on that and it's always going to be in the conversation. Goes with the territory.

I nabbed this from the comment section and I thought it was pretty good.

The dollar and the euro are like the bow (euro) and stern (dollar) on the Titanic. As the bow sunk below water the stern "temporarily" rose in the air. However, both quickly sunk.

Left unsaid was of course how the limited quantities of lifeboats were viewed by the passengers.

The lifeboats {Gold, Silver}  looked pretty good from the ship and from the waterline.

R man J
R man J's picture
Hat Tips: 2569
Physical investment market is growing

A new factor in physical silver availability is a growing population of small investors who are dollar cost averaging. Maybe the number is small, but it is growing and it is not going away. I personally have helped several people get involved in physical buying.

I have a certain number of ounces in mind that I need to acquire. When the great wealth transfer takes place later this decade, it will be used to buy land.  I really believe the growing army of small buyers of physical are JPM's achilles heel.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "3 Reasons to Stick With Gold & Silver"