Are you paying too much for your Silver Eagles?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
rjsand
rjsand's picture
Hat Tips: 824
Are you paying too much for your Silver Eagles?

Check this out:

If you are interested in joining us, please do so via my page here: https://preservationofwealth.net/Home/FindStore?aspxerrorpath=/joinus

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09

Gold and silver are to fiat money what sunlight is to a vampire.

No1Hunter
No1Hunter's picture
Hat Tips: 1324
Fees

Don't forget to calculate in the annual fee that have to pay to join into the cost of the metal you buy.   That is why I didn't join when I saw this over a year or so ago.

Most people selling this don't even buy silver or gold.  They don't have to.  That make money selling memberships.

No1Hunter
No1Hunter's picture
Here is their non-buyer

Here is their non-buyer compensation plan:

http://preservationofwealth.net/Home/Opportunity

rjsand
rjsand's picture
Membership Fee

The #1 reason I decided to join was that I will be buying enough PMs over the next year that the savings on the metals will more than offset the membership cost. 

No1Hunter
No1Hunter's picture
Cost of silver

I thing that caught my eye when I first looked into this and I see it again is they claim the Mint charges $2.50 above spot to sell to the 10 Licensed Mega-Distributors who then mark the Eagles up a minimum of $1.00 (or more) to sell to this club.  Yet, in their pricing page, they show they sell for $2.60 over spot (pricing subject to change) if you buy under 500oz.  So, they are losing $0.90 on every coin (I don't think so)?  Maybe that is where the $249 annual fee come in or they inflate their spot pricing.  I don't know.  Frankly, it appears they make their money getting people to sign up and the promoters get paid for bring in new blood.

risand, have you bought from them yet?  What price did you actually pay per Eagle?

Let's say you buy 100oz's.  You would end up paying 45.09 per Eagle (at $40 spot).  200oz = 43.85 oz

APMEX (adjusted to $40 oz), 200oz = 43.74oz

500oz - club = $43.10oz, APMEX = 43.24oz.  Finally, you are starting to get it for less.  The good thing is you do not have to buy all at once with the club, just meet that 500oz level within your membership year.

FYI - You can get the Silvertowne Buffalo Nickel Replica Medallion 1 troy oz coins for $42.39 each right now (same for their branded 1oz bars w/ free shipping).  I didn't see any bullion on their website.  I guess you have to join to see those prices.

I hope it works out for you.

rjsand
rjsand's picture
preservation of wealth

I will be making my first purchase with them next week and will be paying 2% over spot for Gold American Eagles and $2.60 over spot for SAEs.  They make absolutely nothing on the bullion.  They make ALL of their money on selling the memberships and if any of your friends join them, you would earn a $100 commission, bringing that annual membership cost down to $149/yr.

rjsand
rjsand's picture
Why would someone who

Why would someone who understands the value of PMs and makes a secondary income selling memberships NOT actually purchase the PMs for themselves?  Of course they are.

tallydynasty
tallydynasty's picture
Hat Tips: 989
oh they are making money on

oh they are making money on the bullion.  Gimmicky structure.

donpaulo
donpaulo's picture
Hat Tips: 3413
I buy my metals at spotmex

I buy my metals at spotmex

rjsand
rjsand's picture
What if you want Eagles?

I certainly understand you not wanting to pay the markup on SAEs but, you don't want to underestimate the possibility that the masses will want the more widely recognized product when TSHTF.  It would be a good idea to have both. : )

No1Hunter
No1Hunter's picture
Spend lots of $$

"They make ALL of their money on selling the memberships"

And are counting on people (members) not buy enough to pay for their membership.  Like I showed above, you have to buy a significant amount of PM to pay for the membership unless you suck someone else into the scheme.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Are you paying too much for your Silver Eagles?"