Trading AG/USD or AU/USD...

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
taoJones
taoJones's picture
Hat Tips: 307
Trading AG/USD or AU/USD...

For those who are able, is anyone trading these pairs?  If so, what strategy(s) do you recommend?

My knowledge of gold/silver puts/calls/options is very limited, so even though I am only in physical gold & silver, I was hoping to take advantage of the orchestrated smack-downs by the EE by shorting AG/USD and/or AU/USD at the opportune moments.  The trick is knowing when this occurs.  I suspect getting charts that show volume might help.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!  And all the best to everyone here...

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:15
speconomist
speconomist's picture
Hat Tips: 1809
To know when smack-downs

To know when smack-downs occur you can check recent charts from Turd, apparently 3:00AM EDT is becoming quite popular.

To check volume for silver and gold: click here, don't know where do they get the data from, but may be useful. Click on View -> Show volume chart

I feel very uncomfortable shorting, specially knowing that Gold is going to infinity, so if you try to short, have the stop-loss ready, or pull the plug manually if you believe the take down has stopped.

It's important to note that with most forex brokers you can't have a long and short position for the same pair, so you can't have your short running, and try to go long, because those operations cancel each other.

Honestly, I prefer to BTFDs, specially when Turd calls a bottom.

Can't think of anything else right now, I'll come back if something else comes to my mind. Will subscribe too in case someone replies.

Mike MALOney hater.
Gingers DON'T have souls!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Trading AG/USD or AU/USD..."