eBay Bargains Thread

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
eBay Bargains Thread

Not sure if this is the right spot for this thread or even if the staff will allow, so mods please do what you see fit.

I haven't seen a thread specifically dedicated to posting eBay auction bargains and deals, so I figured why not.

The point here is to post links to the auctions or the auction# as to benefit your fellow Turdite in his/her quest in heavy metal accumulation.

A couple points that should be mentioned first:

​1) DYODD: Do you own due diligence before you buy. Yes there are people out there with dubious intentions. Yes there are dishonest piles of crap, too. If it's too good to be true, it usually is. Read up on the Buyer Protection policy if you're concerned about being ripped off. I've purchased nearly $20,000 in PM's through many different sellers and haven't had a single problem *knock on wood*.

2) Cashback programs linking to eBay.com have been suspended as of the opening of the Bullion Store. Last I saw, they're supposed to be back in October. However, you can still earn 2% cashback in Canadian currency if you click through greatcanadianrebates.com and buy on eBay.ca. I've done this and it works exactly like eBay US as far as check out goes. Due to currency trade, you're more likely to earn about 1.9% CB in $US. 

3) Sign up for eBay Bucks if you haven't already. It's 2% CB in the form of coupon coded issued by eBay at each quarter's end. Yes, of course, you have to use PayPal.

Now, on with the show.

Well wouldn't you know, the deal I was going to post already got scooped up. Lots of demand out there. Crap, sorry guys.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:13

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Could be a good sources for

Could be a good source for 2011 AGE's but you have to act quickly on the one-at-a-time auctions. I have not bought from them.

Here are the completed listings from what I gather is the same seller; Numismatic Rarities and goldeagles...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300581705745

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-50-1-oz-Gold-American-Eagles-/220817937475

So, as you can see, they modify their price based on spot and list them up on BIN for the single coins and auction on the multiples. Nonetheless, you can score 2011 AGE's for under current spot after CB.

Of course, there's a catch when you read the fine print. I have no idea when you get your coin, but they've sold hundreds and sell out very quickly on the BIN single coin auctions:

Quote:
This is a PRE-SALE. We will ship immediately upon receipt from our supplier - fully insured by Express Mail at the U.S. Post Office - for fast, overnight delivery. You will receive an email when we ship and your sales record will automatically include your tracking number once your label is printed.

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Alrighty then, since I'm just

Alrighty then, since I'm just talking to myself here I guess I'll post up a non-eBay deal but a good one at that.

$5 2011 Gold American Eagles for $155

Min order is 5, max is 10

You just need the vault # and you're good to go. I just ordered this morning and they did say they're selling out quick.

If this doesn't show the ad, it's on page 7 of the Aug ed of VFW magazine: http://digitaledition.qwinc.com/publication/index.php?i=74462&m=&l=&p=9&pre=&ver=swf

They do rape you on shipping, but hey beggars can't be choosers...these are $200 coins all day long everywhere else. My total on 5 of them came to $817 delivered.

Got GIABO?

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Pretty good deal, here....esp

Pretty good deal, here....esp after Bucks and CB.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NTR-10oz-.999-Fine-Silver-Bar/270794002609?_trksid=p1468660.m2000036#ht_2336wt_1398

Limit 3 per order.

Got GIABO?

Corsair
Corsair's picture
Hat Tips: 376
Acid test

re: ebay coins, is there a test I can perform to ensure authenticity?

thanks!

"The closest we get to perfection is writing our resumes."

Cucamonga
Cucamonga's picture
Hat Tips: 581
re: Acid Test

the coins can be weighed for mass and diameter measured.  the weight and size of most coins can be found online.  the red book has the info for US coins.

enusuancy
enusuancy's picture
Hat Tips: 7
thank you

Terrific
Your site is very helpful...
Thank you...

artaud23
artaud23's picture
Hat Tips: 512
Good Idea:

To have a place to post found deals. I want a place where we can put our offers up as well! I am selling a small lot of ASE's on eBid and definitely would rather sell to fellow Turdites than to the masses! :) Anyway, my eagles are cheaper than Provident - at least for the first bidder!

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/lot-of-american-silver-eagles-bu-62344409.htm

And yep the photo shows 9 coins but there are 10 in the lot... one was hiding when I was doing the photography!

artaud23
artaud23's picture
More Auctions! Opening Bids Below Spot!

Check out my silver auctions guys! Lets keep stacking!

Opening bids below spot. Auctions run for 3 days after opening bid!

http://us.ebid.net/users/artaud23

3 Sunshine mint!

3 Sunshine Mint Silver Eagles

2 Engelhard Prospector Rounds

2 Engelhard Prospectors

Generic Unknon Liberty Head Silver Rounds

2 Generic Liberty head rounds

artaud23
artaud23's picture
Reduced

Check out my above auctions, I just reduced the buy now prices! Also added some RCM Cougars! If you don't buy 'em they'll end up at Provident! wink

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "eBay Bargains Thread"