Margins Blown out?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
RuNuts
RuNuts's picture
Hat Tips: 3562
Margins Blown out?

Is there some way to prevent comments & pics from overwhelming the site?

An example here: http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/21272#comment-21272

RuNuts
RuNuts's picture
I'm not sure if this is related...

But another rendering issue here.

admin
admin's picture
Hat Tips: 2964
No, it's not related...

No, it's not related... that's due to the author copying and pasting another comment's hat tip into their own comment.  I'm sure we can figure out a way to strip this out at the time the comment is being saved, it's just not super high on our priority list at the moment.  We've known about it since the site was launched.

As for your original comment, there is a way that we can force the image width size, but it presents two issues:

1. The width of the content space (area on the left) is dynamic based on a user's monitor size.  What looks like it fits for one person may not fit for another.  You can try this yourself by resizing your browser window and seeing how the readable area adjusts.
  2. If we force to a width that meets 80% of the monitor sizes, we may be adjusting it in a way that so skews the aspect ratio of the image that it is no longer legible.  The image in the link you provided is much wider than it is tall.  If I forced the image width to be, for example, 600px, it would fit in the space but would be much harder to read.

I would agree that having the image larger than than comment box is not very aesthetically pleasing, but it doesn't break the site and it allows people to read images they may not be able to do otherwise.  Similar to copy/paste of hat tips, this is on our list but not very high priority.

Site Administrator for TF Metals Report

RuNuts
RuNuts's picture
Appreciate the look-see &

Appreciate the look-see & explanation, it's always more complicated than it looks from the gallery.

Thank you again for your work! ;-)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Margins Blown out?"