Canadian Zinc

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
SushiSioux
SushiSioux's picture
Hat Tips: 2064
Canadian Zinc

Canadian Zinc is perking along. I met with them at NYC hard assets show.   a round of environmental meetings recently completed. I sent email to their IR department and learned:

1) Drilling continues on the deep hole at about 4800 feet. No sign of the Whitticker formation which hosts the vein, but we should be nearing. Then we hope to find the vein. We are prepared to go 6500 feet if the geologists conclude that we should.

2) Nothing on permitting until after meeting Sept 8.

3)Meeting scheduled with the press Aug 10 for news by the NT government and Federal gov’t granting CZN a $ 4,000.000.00 grant to train employees

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09
SushiSioux
SushiSioux's picture
CZN Media event 8/22/2011

Yellowknife ( August 18 /2011)

GNWT and Canadian Zinc to Sign Socio-economic Agreement

The Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Investment  (ITI),the Minister of Education, Culture and Employment (ECE), and the Chairman of the Board of Canadian Zinc Inc., will sign a Socio-Economic Agreement (SEA) on Monday, August  22, 2011, for the proposed Praiorie Creek Mine.

The Priarie Creek SEA formalizes commitments by Canadian Zinc with respect to employment,. training, business opportunities and oyher related benefits for North West Territoies (NWT) residents. It also details measures to monitor and adapt to possible socio-economic impacts related to the proposed project.

Members of the media are invited to a press conference after the signing

Date: Monday, August 22, 2011
Time: 10:00 am - 11:am

For Out of Town Media:

Phone: 1866 969-8429
Access Code: 7007230

For more information, Please contact

Drew Williams
Press Secretary
Office of the Premier/Cabinet
Government of the North West Territories
Phone: 867 669-2304

SushiSioux
SushiSioux's picture
A Billion Grams of Silver

http://www.pinnacledigest.com/node/528669

the mine is often considered for its zinc value rather than its silver value and with two of the world’s largest zinc mine’s set to close in the next 18 months, the zinc price is set to soar beginning in 2013. Nyrstr just bought up Breakwater Resources in preparation for this.

Intrigued? Then you’ll also be interested to know that the final permit for this mine could come as early as this fall.

Here are a few more details:

• The mine already has a 1,000 ton per day mill on site.
  • A refurbished winter road is in place.  
  • Eric Sprott of Sprott Assett Management is the largest shareholder.
  • The Hunt Brothers used to own the mine – these are the guys who tried to corner the silver market in the 1970’s.
Antrobus
Antrobus's picture
Hat Tips: 268
Canadian Zinc

I see that another hurdle has been taken - Environmental Approval (dec 09) - looking good. This approval,  combined with the Harper government's desires to develop things, and Eric Sprott being the largest shareholder - hey, I'm in! Not much of a risk to pick up 10K or 20K or so at 70 cents, given the huge upside.

A real "hot tip" for once!

Stoxxman
Stoxxman's picture
Hat Tips: 4511
Pee Poor IR in spades

I attempted to profile this Company for my blog and could NOT find the obligatory corporate presentation for love nor money.  I e-mailed so called "IR" and the response I got, after an hour and a half, was useless.

Shareholders pay for this horsechit, one way or another.

And for the record I have profiled in excess of 300 public companies and this has happened a grand total of 3 times.

http://pennystockjournal.blogspot.com/2011/12/strait-gold-corporation-srdv.html

Antrobus
Antrobus's picture
Hat Tips: 268
looks like Canadian Zinc (Hunt bros) is away - yay!

Looking good - pennies to dollars soon!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/story/2011/12/09/prairie-creek-approval.html

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Canadian Zinc"