I liked this write-up: Bail, Disengage From the US Government

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Save_America1st
Save_America1st's picture
Hat Tips: 4165
I liked this write-up: Bail, Disengage From the US Government

It's time for domestic expatriation...

http://goodthoughtsgoodwordsgooddeeds.blogspot.com/2011/07/bail-disengage-from-us-government.html

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06
valleygirl
valleygirl's picture
Hat Tips: 303
Yep, Fred Reed is always a

Yep, Fred Reed is always a good read. ;^)

mespe
mespe's picture
Hat Tips: 643
bad link

tried the usual, removed l in html, tried going back a directory, nothing

valleygirl
valleygirl's picture
Hat Tips: 303
Hmmm...mespe is right...the

Hmmm...mespe is right...the link in the OP is bad now. Here's the original piece on Fred Reed's own blog:

http://www.fredoneverything.net/Disengagement.shtml

I Am The Unknow...
I Am The Unknown Comic's picture
Hat Tips: 2796
Tough Stuff

Just a heads up:  leaving the USA is a heck of a lot harder than you might think, especially if you are planning on coming back anytime at all - like for a wedding or a funeral or any reason whatsoever. 

Think about all of the "contracts" both formal (signed by you) and informal that you have.  It is really difficult to unplug.  I know of one woman who was arrested at customs when she came back to the US several years after she left because the IRS had claimed she owed more on her taxes than she did.  They charged her penalties and fees that she never knew about (because she was out of the country and her mail did not forward to her in Italy), and she was arrested upon re-entering the US because the IRS had labeled her as a "tax evader." 

This is the kind of crap I'm talking about.

BTW, this woman took an assignment to be a curator of a museum in Bologna, Italy.  She is a good, decent person and obviously well respected in her field.  This should not have happened to her. 

Good luck trading to all, and remember that my thoughts are worth exactly what you paid for them. Trade on your own.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "I liked this write-up: Bail, Disengage From the US Government"