Freegold and the Euro

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vypuero
Vypuero's picture
Hat Tips: 3999
Freegold and the Euro

I believe in freegold as per FOFOA.  That said, take a look at this very interesting view of the Euro vs. the Dollar, and how both relate to Gold and ultimately, free gold.  The topic is too complex to really synopsize as it took a long time reading his stuff to understand it, but it is worth the effort:

http://fofoa.blogspot.com/2011/07/euro-gold.html

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:31
mdcromer
mdcromer's picture
Hat Tips: 246
FOFOA a bridge too far IMO

He's taking the stuff Another and Friend of Another wrote in 1999-2001 around the birth of the Euro and extrapolating it to today without the benefit of watching the Eurozone implode in realtime.

Well it's becoming clear from all the latest bailouts in Europe that the Euro is just another fiat trash currency to which the gold "backing" means absolutely nothing meaningful, any more than the US gold supplies (such as they are) mean anything for the US dollar.

Goofy
Goofy's picture
Hat Tips: 299
ECB's accounting trick's and Freegold might work

As long as the value of the gold assets on the ECB's balance sheet mirror the debt it's all well. However reference point gold will only truly work along with a gold market free from short sellers and futures speculators. A free gold market is now slowly evolving into a reference point gold standard where debt can be offset by gold, and the currencies fluctuate with the flow of gold. However it wont force discipline on the issuing of debt money (it only encourages monetary discipline), so we will still get credit cycles with booms and bust. So in the end everybody should be happy!cheeky

mdcromer
mdcromer's picture
Hat Tips: 246
Freegold

My feeling is the only way we get anything resembling freegold is with a complete collapse of the banking and financial central planning institutions. 

I owe FOFOA a lot for being the one who explained / convinced me the nature of the endgame (hyperinflation and currency collapse) but I think a lot of his thinking (silver is only an industrial metal, floating fiat currencies against freegold, etc.) just don't add up.  Why would anyone want to hold or be payed in or have contracts in fiat trash in a freegold world?

I see the future as being more along the lines of multiple "goldmoney" providers so we can keep the infrastructure of debit cards etc. but backed by real money (gold and silver).  And probably a decentralization of government back to the size of city-states.  And I suspect a silver / gold ratio somewhere in the 1:10 area with a lot more silver circulating than gold.  The whole notion of central banks uber alles forever I don't buy -- I mean it is the CB / printed money / bloated enormous government system that is failing here.

Given my opinions, I'm currently trying to stack about 2/3 gold  to 1/3 silver (by value).

Goofy
Goofy's picture
@mdcromer

I agree CB's  and governments are of diminishing value, and will self destruct. I see however a dollar hyperinflation, and a Euro stabilisation. But i think it will take some time say 10 - 15 years, and a lot of defaults for a good Freegold system to work it self out.

As for the gold /silver ratio 1/7.  But gold  will lie very still, and silver will move and be the love of speculators.

FOFOA's anti silver stance does not reflect the thoughts of Another. As far as i read them he included respect for silver as money. The Chinese silver sycee ignot was official in money in china for 250 years, and may be official money again.

Vypuero
Vypuero's picture
Hat Tips: 3999
The Euro - Physical Gold - Silver

I am not entirely sure on theb Euro just yet myself either.  However, the concept is that by being transnational fiat, it has controls to keep it steadily debased, as opposed to hyperinflated.  The reason is that for example, the USA can hyperinflate its currency in order to get out from under its debt burden.  In the Euro, what happens instead is that the bonds hyperinflate, and your nation is forced into austerity, like what happened in Greece.  If you leave, you have a trash currency.  Therefore, it is bonds that control the debt, not the currency.  And as long as inflation is managed, it is not terrible to have mortgages and debt managed by fiat.

Gold MUST be physical only - no paper gold at all.  It represents savings only.  It also acts as a control on fiat currencies and balance of trade.

I am bullish on Silver but agree that it will not be a currency.  It does not have the proper flow and inventory to be a currency.  It is also too volatile because of its industrial use.  RIGHT NOW - silver is a screaming buy and it will go up a LOT in value.  However, it is not a good resource for a currency to be based on. 

I believe once Reference Point Gold happens gold will be the better buy, but I am not 100% convinced it will happen and it may take time, so I invest in both.

Holy Avenger
Holy Avenger's picture
Hat Tips: 60
Reference Point Gold/Free Gold Advocate

From all appearences, Robert Zoellick and Jim Sinclair are both RPG advocates.

Check out the last 2 min. (starting at about the 7:50 mark).

Quote:

PARIS, Dec 22, 2010

"World Bank President Robert Zoellick reaffirmed his proposal to use gold as a "reference point" to reform the current international monetary system on Wednesday in Paris.

"What I suggested is that gold serves as a key reference point to allow people to assess the relations between different currencies," Zoellick told the press here at the end of his meeting with French President Nicolas Sarkozy in the Elysee Palace.

"It's an approach that we can take, others also estimate that we can establish a benchmark against prices of principal commodities," the World Bank president said in response to a journalist's question.

I'm just an "A" "FOA" "FOFOA" noob but with 14 years of hindsight it looks like "A" and "FOA" were worth listening to.

Goofy
Goofy's picture
Euro Gold accounting

A 400 Euro increase in the gold price from 1. juli to 1. october ca 124 billion Euro's will offset most of the 128 billion Securities Monetization Program's debt monetization on the balance sheet of the ECB.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Freegold and the Euro"