Fell off the wagon. . .

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
mdcromer
mdcromer's picture
Hat Tips: 246
Fell off the wagon. . .

I'm a sworn 90% silver buyer only, but I found an auction for two ASEs for $1 over spot each and simply couldn't resist.  So now I own 2 oz of 999 bullion coins.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09
Sycee
Sycee's picture
Hat Tips: 487
I got some Kookaburras off

I got some Kookaburras off APMEX a month or two back. I love how they're packaged in individual containers. But you're right, 90% silver coins are a way better deal.

mdcromer
mdcromer's picture
Shipping included.

I should add that the $1 over spot is with shipping included.  Always gotta include the shipping.

silversalmon
silversalmon's picture
Hat Tips: 743
You've fallen and you can't

You've fallen and you can't get up! Keep stacking Eagles! Anything you can buy understand spot is probably to good to b e true.

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
I have a friend that recently

I have a friend that recently swore off 90%.  He has over 1000 dimes and 200 franklin halves.  He thinks that he has enough 90 for barter and is going pure ASE/Maples/Prospectors from here on out.  The buy back value on 90% is too risky.  Depending on which dealer he found, he noticed that if he had 300 dollars of 90% spot value, he was being offered as low as 200 dollars on a buy back!  This is unacceptable gap and he's not willing to risk it anymore.  He says you get what you pay for with 90%, and that after accumulating enough to cover a barter scenario down the road, you're better off with high quality recognizable .999 rounds for true wealth preservation.  Even though the premiums stink now, premiums will be irrelevant in the future when the price is triple dig.

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

mdcromer
mdcromer's picture
A question for you

Why would you sell to a dealer instead of selling small lots on ebay?

pink freud
pink freud's picture
Hat Tips: 1606
Because you will get more

Because you will get more money with a dealer.  FeeBay charges you to sell.  12% for a fixed price and 9% for an auction.

mdcromer
mdcromer's picture
Dealers

Yes you'll have to pay fees on ebay but you'll sell your stuff over spot too.

Best dealer offer I got for a 1 toz krug was $1400 - $100+ under spot at the time.  On ebay they sell for $75 over spot (and the maximum ebay fee is $100).

If you are selling 90% in small lots you can usually get well over spot.  So as long as you always buy under spot, you can pretty much do a round trip for free.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Fell off the wagon. . ."