How Will You Use Your Last Tank of Gas?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Buckanear
Buckanear's picture
Hat Tips: 441
How Will You Use Your Last Tank of Gas?

***Warning: this may may be too violent and serious for some - only the truly curious should proceed to watch this RV trailer:

The Killshot: Approaching the Moment (2011 Release)

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:24

--------------------------------------------------------
>From here to there eventually<

Prize Fighter
Prize Fighter's picture
Hat Tips: 3349
I saw this movie already. 

I saw this movie already.  The Men Who Stare At Goats, right?

I don't know about the gas but it's a good question which should be considered seriously.  Makes me want to get some extra canisters.  I do know my F150 with dual tanks can drive a little over 500 miles without stopping.  Living on the Gulf coast means I could make it as far north as Nashville where I'm from originally but I have 4 lifelong friends who are buying land in north Georgia mountains for a fallback position.  One's a farmer, one's a Marine Captain, one's a lawyer and one's a priest.  Just kidding on that last one, seemed the start of a good joke.  In any case, that's where I'll probably go.  We have between us a bunch of weapons, farming and general wilderness survival.

"The Farm" in southern Middle Tennessee would be a good area to be around.  These guys have been doing it the old fashioned way since the '60s.  Lot's of homesteaders in that area who have expanded upon the Farm's original premise.  Lot's of stuff to learn there at their classes!

Buckanear
Buckanear's picture
C2C April Dames

You may want to stay away from the Ohio Valley, he's talking about a quake there much like the one that hit a hundred years ago, which could cause havoc with nuclear power plants.   Thought you might like this interview in April-2011, starting on part 3 ==>   

Buckanear
Buckanear's picture
Sorry, I meant to post this C2C interview

silverbleve
silverbleve's picture
Hat Tips: 2217
I love coast to coast

Great remote viewing video. i didn't know you could use it to see future events. George Noory is my fav, but I miss Art Bell. Anytime you hear someone call in from Chico, its usually me with a fake name, especially gold/silver/economy topics. If you ever want to get on, the skype line is almost always open :)

My last tank of gas will be in my honda ruckus scooter, love that thing and it gets 100 miles to the gallon. I've only filled the 1 gallon tank 6 times since i bought it new in 2009.

Zoltan
Zoltan's picture
Hat Tips: 4775
Siphon it off for the generator

I intend to SIP (shelter in place)

If TSHTF and there is no gas I will break out the bicycle and use the gas in the cars (which I try to keep full) for use in my generator.  Remember if you store gas long term you should add a stabilizer.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Z

BagOfGold
BagOfGold's picture
Hat Tips: 15486
How will you use your last gallon of water?!?...

I can live without oil...gas...& many other things...but am unable to live long...without water!!!...

Do you know how to find water?...Let's hope we all do!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Mikey
Mikey's picture
Hat Tips: 469
@BOG, Get an above ground

@BOG,

Get an above ground pool. You can do the whole thing for less than around 3k. Mine holds 13300(24x24 round) gals of water and roof can be boarded to put much rain runoff in for refill. With Calcium Hypochlorite, Berkeys and Ceramic filters=mucho water. Without having to go down to the lake.

BagOfGold
BagOfGold's picture
Mikey...

Mikey wrote:

@BOG,

Get an above ground pool. You can do the whole thing for less than around 3k. Mine holds 13300(24x24 round) gals of water and roof can be boarded to put much rain runoff in for refill. With Calcium Hypochlorite, Berkeys and Ceramic filters=mucho water. Without having to go down to the lake.

For sure...that is indeed excellent advice for an individual who has the capital & ability to do so!...Now...how's the rest of the world going to deal with it?...That is the big question!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Mikey
Mikey's picture
Hat Tips: 469
@BOG, Get one 1/2 that size

@BOG,

Get one 1/2 that size then. With all of your penny profits, no problem! GL.

BagOfGold
BagOfGold's picture
Mikey...

Mikey wrote:

@BOG,

Get one 1/2 that size then. With all of your penny profits, no problem! GL.

I'm okay...but unfortunately...the rest of the world isn't!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "How Will You Use Your Last Tank of Gas?"