What to do?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nube
Nube's picture
Hat Tips: 7
What to do?

Guys,

I have been following TF for almost a year now following him over from ZH.

I began buying physical silver last September. So far I have 300 oz.

I am at the point of cashing in some of my 401K to buy more.

I will have the cash available next week.

My question is: Should I buy asap, dollar average over a month or so, or wait until after the debt talk nonsense has sorted itself and await an EE smash down in price as the dollar strengthens?

My worry is that the rocket launch we've been expecting is now happening. Alternatively this is just more of the same games. I am not sure.

Any advice is welcome. I will in the end make up my own mind but look forward to your insights.

Thanks.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09
kingbee4
kingbee4's picture
Hat Tips: 232
I have been stacking for 12

I have been stacking for 12 years.  There is always a rocket launch just around the corner or a crash coming.  Early on I used a cash advance on a CC to buy silver.  I thought that was a good way to use the EE's money to buy silver.  I then paid off the CC over the next year.  That worked out OK as I got silver at $5/oz.  That may or may not happen again.  I would say for you to buy a good portion as soon as you get the money and then wait with the rest to average in over the next while.  In the long run you will be fine.

Nube
Nube's picture
Hat Tips: 7
Thanks. I had that thought

Thanks. I had that thought also and I am leaning that way. The only thing is if there will be another massive put down like in May then i would get more bang for the buck. Probably not worth the worry.

Violent Rhetoric
Violent Rhetoric's picture
Hat Tips: 475
 buy a little each month and

I buy a little each month and if there is a big drop like we had recently from near 50 to mid 30's I up it a little. But there really is no "correct" answer absent 20/20 hindsight. I do think the advice above is pretty sound from kingbee 

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”
~ Robert Heinlein

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "What to do?"