Silver to Double to $100 Say Citigroup [Zero Hedge]

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Violent Rhetoric
Violent Rhetoric's picture
Hat Tips: 475
Silver to Double to $100 Say Citigroup [Zero Hedge]

Didn't see this posted yet, so...

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/eu-debt-restructuring-leads-bailout-euphoria-silver-double-100-say-citigroup

Citigroup Global Markets Inc. have said that if silver follows similar patterns as seen in silver’s last bull market from 1971 to 1980 than silver could double to over $100 per ounce.

Read the whole thing and TGIF!

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:05

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”
~ Robert Heinlein

ohiometalman
ohiometalman's picture
Hat Tips: 581
I read this off ZH this

I read this off ZH this morning also, I don't really know what to make of it.  What I find particularly amusing is the continued reference to the 1980's....I mean come on, this is not even close to the financial situation of that time.  I think I would give this more credibility if the bank would have just quoted the real reasons for this target (debt, debt, debt, inflation, inflation, debt).  This article implies that this is just a cycle for silver and does not really underpin the fundo's for why it's heading higher.

R man J
R man J's picture
Hat Tips: 2562
Yea Ohio, I Agree...

I don't think we'll ever see the fundamentals honestly discussed by the big bank mouthpieces.

To be honest, as I continue to read, research and dig into everything I can get my hands regarding silver's fundamental supply/demand issues, I am in awe that the price is only $40.

A cycle implies that supply/demand issues are recoverable and that commodity values are able to equalize based on relative scarcity, or be replaced by another commodity. For some uses, silver can be replaced by Platinum...never mind, Platinum is $1800/oz.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Silver to Double to $100 Say Citigroup [Zero Hedge]"