Hacker Group Anonymous busted....

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Save_America1st
Save_America1st's picture
Hat Tips: 4165
Hacker Group Anonymous busted....

Just heard on the news that 15 members of the hacker group Anonymous got tracked down by the FBI today.  Don't know much about them, but I know Zero Hedge would post some of their stuff once in a while.  Curious if there will be any good stories about who these guys were, what their capabilities really were and what else they were up to or planning to do. 

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:05
UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
They'll go one of two ways..

They'll go one of two ways.. and I'm leaning towards #2. 

1. These people were really no threat at all
  2. These people were a huge threat to national security, therefore we need to lock down the interwebz. 
John Galt
John Galt's picture
Hat Tips: 4906
If these people were exposing

If these people were exposing the Truth, I'll go with door #2 Monty.

"So you think that money is the root of all evil.
Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?"

silverbleve
silverbleve's picture
Hat Tips: 2217
really?

hilarious. They bust 16 people and they think it will make any difference in an organization thousands strong? That is propaganda if I've ever seen it. Hey I swatted a mosquito today folks, so no one should ever have to worry about mosquitos ever again! This article made me lol in real life.

I'm trying to remember what type of fallacy this is, slippery slope comes to mind, if we got some hackers, we must have gotten all the hackers? Or is it "begging the question"  I guess it doesn't matter. Either way, anon will be around for a long time. 

I would never come here to argue, but UGrev your post is what I believe to be the most prevalent fallacy in all modern statements, the false dichotomy. Surely there must be a door number three right? Just joking around but I'm sure you see what I mean.

UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
Perhaps it was too subtle

Perhaps it was too subtle that choice #2 was the obvious choice? Would it have stuck out more if I did something like this? 

1. there is no threat. 

2. Micky Mouse isn't really a mouse

3.>>>PICK THIS ONE>>> These guys are the biggest threat to our national security, your identities, the economy, all nuclear facilities and another other thing you can think of to scare you to death, so we must lock down the net. 

4. 1+1=2

5. Nancy Pelosi is hot.. 

silverbleve
silverbleve's picture
Hat Tips: 2217
yeah Bra

hat tip for that last post Ugrev! How about

6) If the founding fathers were alive today, they would be called terrorists too, only because of what they fight for.

I think Nancy Pelosi was probably pretty hot when she was younger. Lets check it out.. Ok , found this:

Not bad! In fact I would take her out to a nice seafood dinner AND NEVER CALL HER AGAIN!

Ok but back to seriousness for a moment, I want to address your option number 1 "there is a very real threat" yes, that is surely the truth, anon is on the scale of wikileaks in terms of threatening tptb. But the threat is only for the few who bring it on themselves, not us. 

maravich44
maravich44's picture
Nancy Pelosi=chupacabra.

Pretty sure that her family isn't sweating anything too much.

reefman
reefman's picture
Hat Tips: 2489
Pelosi looks like a

Pelosi looks like a descendent of Margaret Sanger:

I pay taxes to a PRIVATE FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION called a "city/municipality".

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Hacker Group Anonymous busted...."