The Journey: Life As We've Come to Know It

45 posts / 0 new
Last post
lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Hat Tips: 3917
The Journey: Life As We've Come to Know It

Let's Talk About it.  All are welcome to discusss their journey here. 

The Turd Slap

My intent was not to insult your beliefs and I said this up front.  I would never do this because I was where you are and I know how fragile your world is.  Because people have different views does not make them your mortal enemies, heretics, satanists, or the devil.   BTW the parable of the goats and Sheep is not mine, I used it in the same context of the parable to wake people up because ignorance isn't always bliss.

Clearly my words are not for you.  I apologize for being so intrusive & wish no one any harm or disrespect.  Mine was intended to be a friendly wake up call for those who sleep lightly!

Moderator, if this statement is too "negative" please delete! 

BTW - the title of this thread is not very self explanatory and the definition of "negative" is subjective at best and not in the Turd Guidelines.  Perhaps the title "Mutual Christian Admiration Society" would be more fitting and a warning for all to tread softly or keep out  :-)

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:27
lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
opps

Opps, forgot to reference the author of the post above.  That would be Buckanear.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
copied and pasted
Once a Christian But Now All Grown Up

I was a Christian for 55 years and share a family faith of over 1,000 years.  It was all thrown the window with one point on a radio talk show.  A Theology PhD and professor said one thing that thankfully totally unraveled my faith in Christianity.  This same point halted his desire to be ordained a Minister of the Church.  He said "they the Leadership of the church choose not to tell you".  The question was why are there so widely different versions of the gospels in the world's bibles (eg. Douay and King James & others).  He said the Scribes took liberty in adding their version to the gospels during the early/middle ages.  Again, the question was Why were we not told this by the church?  The Answer again was they (church leaders) choose not to tell you.  So the key point was - if the Scribes took the liberty of changing the word of God in the gospels what else did they change?  This the so called word of God is different in various versions of the bible - Clearly the whole institution of Christianity is in question and points to it being a human creation.  A crutch for people to lean on and to provide hope in their time of despair. 

Taken a step further this suggests that Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists are all equal and all tell similar stories about following the good path.  Moreover this teaches us that we are all equal and brothers and no one institution holds any keys to the kingdom of heaven.  At the risk of being called a heretic and having profanities thrown like spears at me by Christians I have come to the conclusion that the keys to the kingdom are within us all and it is our mission to learn this.  We were bestowed with this gift equally, no person or ascended master can deny this because he would be in violation of the truth.  Furthermore, I say judge people and institutions by their actions.  The Catholic church could eradicate world hunger if it sold off it's $Trillions$ in assets to feed the poor.  They choose not to follow what they preach.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
copied and pasted
Once a Christian But Now All Grown Up

I was a Christian for 55 years and share a family faith of over 1,000 years.  It was all thrown the window with one point on a radio talk show.  A Theology PhD and professor said one thing that thankfully totally unraveled my faith in Christianity.  This same point halted his desire to be ordained a Minister of the Church.  He said "they the Leadership of the church choose not to tell you".  The question was why are there so widely different versions of the gospels in the world's bibles (eg. Douay and King James & others).  He said the Scribes took liberty in adding their version to the gospels during the early/middle ages.  Again, the question was Why were we not told this by the church?  The Answer again was they (church leaders) choose not to tell you.  So the key point was - if the Scribes took the liberty of changing the word of God in the gospels what else did they change?  This the so called word of God is different in various versions of the bible - Clearly the whole institution of Christianity is in question and points to it being a human creation.  A crutch for people to lean on and to provide hope in their time of despair. 

Taken a step further this suggests that Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists are all equal and all tell similar stories about following the good path.  Moreover this teaches us that we are all equal and brothers and no one institution holds any keys to the kingdom of heaven.  At the risk of being called a heretic and having profanities thrown like spears at me by Christians I have come to the conclusion that the keys to the kingdom are within us all and it is our mission to learn this.  We were bestowed with this gift equally, no person or ascended master can deny this because he would be in violation of the truth.  Furthermore, I say judge people and institutions by their actions.  The Catholic church could eradicate world hunger if it sold off it's $Trillions$ in assets to feed the poor.  They choose not to follow what they preach.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Copied and pasted #2
Yooper

There's a difference between being spiritual and religious.  I understand people's need for a crutch and would never mock that individual for their choice.  However, there is in my opinion a sinister element here that forces weak people to fall-in-line or be damned to the fiery pit forever.  This destructive warning is only employed by cults (big and small) and only has fearful follows.  Think about it - on the left you are a "goat" and going straight to hell.  On the right you are a "sheep" and your Lord holds the keys to heaven so follow him sheep or perish.   A loving God has no desire to destroy what he created.  Logically, destroying what you love makes no sense except to your human Lords who desire to lead his flock of Sheep to his promised land of obedience and alms giving.  Remember the human condition is to hold power over others and your Lord needs sheeple and money.   His power is gauged by the size of his flock.

It is time to let go because the big churches of the world will suffer a great schism when people finally learn the truth that we are not alone.   One day you will be liberated from your Christian sheep uniform and you too will be a Lord over yourself.  It's your choice to give them authority over you.  You have free will.  You have the power.  It's your choice.  It's your call.

Bobbi
Bobbi's picture
Hat Tips: 712
Thank you lottiedah

I was looking forward to the conversation over on the so-called "thread of faith" until I saw that Buckanear's posts were deleted and that Chin Music showed his true colors and totally went against his stated mission in his thread opener in response #58 (if I recall correctly).   Not thinking of joining the discussion over there anymore.  Disappointing to see such censorship on this site IMHO.  Anyways, thanks for copying and pasting his post here.  I found nothing disturbing it in and only hope he/she will not be driven away from further postings.

Can we not be free even in discussing what we believe?  I suspect/feel we are not nor will ever be free until we can.  It saddens my heart and soul.

stephanie
stephanie's picture
Hat Tips: 9983
Religious threads

I did not delete Buckanear's comments but it could have been another moderator - and I will talk to them about it because I had no intention of deleting previous comments - and in general the preference is to move them to a new thread vs. removing them entirely. Unfortunately, whoever did the deletion did not keep the copies in the forum so I can't reinstate them or copy them here.

We're not trying to censor things here, but we do need to be some safe spaces for people who want to get support without having to defend it from others. Please be patient, because we're still creating the community here and some of that involves tweaking the frameworks and guidelines for the community.

I have some thoughts on how to deal with religious issues in the forums so that people who want a safe topic can have that and people who want a debate can have that too. But we can't have a free-f0r-all everywhere, as that precludes safety for those who want it. Thank you.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Enneagram

A lovely elder in our village dropped a taped version of these teachings by my house this week.  Listening now, finding it interesting; teachings on the ego/personality and learning to let it go.  Life's a journey of learning.

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/intro.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enneagram_of_Personality

Be blessed.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
The Problem of Evil in the World (EE)

Interesting story.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Seeking Understanding on the Path

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forum/1289/how-i-found-freedom-unfree-world?page=2#comment-23003

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Preparing for Everything

Shunryu Suzuki,  "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few."

New find.  Hope it blesses.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Honest Questions

Just found this one by Richard Rohr. 

By the way, all of the posts that were copied and pasted in the thread above are the writings of the member known as "Buckanear".

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Holy Schmokes!

Consciousness?  Coming together?

A neighbor was kind to lend some me some seminars by Richard Rohr this week.  I googled him and found some amazing teachings. 

I'm blessed.  Hope you are, too.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
'Where Spirits Are Eaten"

Remember who we are... for the diseases of aggression, violence and greed are spreading... eating up the spirit of the diseased and they have no idea.  ...Protect your spirit, because you are in the place where spirits get eaten.  ((paraphrased from John Trudell))

Thanks for bringing this man to my attention, Kumanari.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Live Forever?

Ralphie
Ralphie's picture
Hat Tips: 281
Dancing Upon the Sands of Life

Arriving early last night for the local orchestra’s performance of the “Nutcracker,"  I stood in the foyer of the auditorium alone.  Watching the local patrons enter the building, I smiled as they filed past me.  One held my gaze and we shared smiles until they took their place opposite me in the hall.  We stood there sharing a look and a warm smile.  The doors to the auditorium opened, so I quickly found a seat.  This fellow friendly patron selected the seat next to mine.

There with all the people rushing around us, for the moment it seemed there was not another soul in the world, but the two of us.  There we danced upon the wet sands of exchange.  Two strangers sharing heart space before and after the performance and during the intermission.  Before parting we exchanged addresses and phone numbers  and made a standing tea date.

The real miracle of life is the capacity to love; to make room for another within one’s own heart, regardless of their intention.   May no trauma in life choke off your capacity to truly love other beings.  With an open heart  &  mind you can be willing to dance with anyone upon the sands of life.  Ellen, age 96, could hardly walk into the hall last night with her cane, but last night we danced.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Cure for Fear

So many who believe they are part of the 1% have so much fear about what may come when change occurs.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=742245108532297792

Ralphie
Ralphie's picture
Hat Tips: 281
Immortality

Over tea, I asked Ellen what she thought this human journey is about.  She chuckled and said, "I really don't know, but I do think that the impression that we leave on others is our immortality."

Ellen, 96, a retired Special Ed teacher w/ a masters in counselling.  A strong woman with a clear mind.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Destiny

Destiny.  

What is it?

Does it exist?

What do you think?

http://www.art-prints-on-demand.com/a/john-william-waterhouse/destiny-1.html

Excalibur
Excalibur's picture
Hat Tips: 5607
I like the painting and it's

I like the painting and it's even at a gallery not too far from where I live!

What is destiny? It's something we humans spend time thinking about because we can conjure up fears and hopes about the future when we see ourselves as separate, rather than being right in the deliciousness of the present moment and being as One.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Free Will or Determinism?

I'm not sure about destiny, except that potentials are there to be realized.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "The Journey: Life As We've Come to Know It"