Global Currency, the ONE

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Hat Tips: 3917
Global Currency, the ONE

http://www.singleglobalcurrency.org/

"Single Global Currency Association,  is dedicated to the goal of implementing a Single Global Currency, within a Global Monetary Union and managed by a Global Central Bank by 2024.   We shall achieve this goal through education and persuasion.

Home - Welcome to the Single Global Currency Association's website

strip.gif

To Join the Association(FREE): Go ToMEMBERSHIP/CONTRIBUTE

New material on site:

4 July 2011. Thesis Summary for Masters Degree in Economics by SGCA member Mohammed Ibrahim.  See SGC Links - Articles, Academic

3 July 2011. Article by SGCA member Fernando Lopes, in Portuguese and Google-English., "Unity in diversity: the foundations of cosmopolitan law and its role in the establishment of a world currency" See SGC Links - Articles, Academic

2 June 2011 Article:  "Will a Single Global Currency boost worlwide business" Interview by Ted di Stefano. See SGC Links - Articles - non-academic"

7 April 2011 Article:  "Is the world headed toward a Single Global Currency." Interview by Ted di Stefano. See SGC Links - Articles - non-academic"

23 March 2011.  Academic Case Study: "The Single Global Currency - Is It Feasible?See SGC Links - Articles, Academic

4 March 2011.  Essay by Former Polish Deputy Prime Minister, Grzegorz Kolodko, excerpted in "The Globalist" See SGC Links - Articles - non-academic"

20 February 2011. July 2010 article by SGCA member Mohammed Ibrahim on "The Future of the Yuan in the International Monetary System." See SGC Links - Articles, Academic

15 February 2011. C. Fred Bergsten writes Op-Ed in Financial Times, "Why the world needs three currencies" See SGC Links - Articles - non-academic"

3 February 2011.  Minyanville (www.minyanville.com) article about Single Global Currency, with reference to SGCA.  See SGC Links - Articles - non-academic"

1 February 2011.  Article re Implementation of the Gulf Dinar. See SGC Links - Articles, Academic

30 January 2011.  Letter to Editor of the Economist supports Single Global Currency. See SGC Links - Articles - non-academic".

19 January 2011. "The Econometrics of a Single Global Current in Accounting" by SGCA Director, Ratnam Alagiah.  See SGC Links - Articles, Academic

16 January 2011. SGCA Comment to Paul Krugman critique of the euro.  See SGC Links - Articles - non-academic".

1 January 2011.  Estonia becomes 17th EMU member.  See SGC Links - Articles - non-academic".

HOME PAGE/INTRODUCTION TO SITE:

This is the home page of the Single Global Currency Association, which is dedicated to the goal of implementing a Single Global Currency, within a Global Monetary Union and managed by a Global Central Bank by 2024.   We shall achieve this goal through education and persuasion.

We believe that once the peoples (including their corporations and labor and other organizations) of the world understand the benefits of aSingle Global Currency, they will demand it from their governments.  The Single Global Currency is what the peoples of the world need, and it is what they want.

The referenda in Denmark and Sweden for a common currency have failed because the people were not persuaded of the benefits of that particular common currency.  A major reason why those benefits are restrained is that today's common currencies (euro, EC dollar, West African franc, U.S. dollar) still must function in a multi-currency world, and therefore must suffer the ills of the current exchange rate system.    Once the peoples of the world see the significantly increased benefits of aSingle Global Currency, even compared to the growing regional "common currencies", they will demand that their governments start planning for its implementation.

Single Global Currency would likely have a new name which denotes its global use, such as "mundo", "global", or "eartha", just as the "euro" is currently for Europe. (See Feedback on SGC Names.)  It likely would not be the expanded form of any current currency, such as the dollar or euro or yen, unless those currencies opened up their central banks' governing boards to worldwide participation and agreed to change the name of the currency to one with more global meaning.

With the use of a Single Global Currency, there would be no more need for expensive currency exchanges nor expensive hedges against currency fluctuations.   Gone would be currency speculation and the risk of currency failures and balance of payment problems.  Such a currency would therefore be more efficient as a means of conveying true value, without consideration of the political winds of the day.  

The Single Global Currency would be managed by a single global central bank, with representative governing boards for the people , governments and financial institutions of the world.

Implementing a Single Global Currency for international transactionsAND as legal tender in participating countries, does not mean that other currencies cannot co-exist with such a Single Global Currency.   When the euro was being planned, it was anticipated that the pre-existing national currencies would continue to co-exist. However, such a plan was deemed inefficient and it was decided to abandon the old national currencies.  That was a decision made by the members of the eurozone members of the Eurozone and was not a mechanical requirement of monetary union.  Within a global monetary union, and with a Single Global Currency managed by a global central bank, there may well continue to exist several pre-existing national currencies and other national instruments which might be called currencies, such as complementary currencies (e.g. frequent flier miles, Canadian Tire Dollars or Ithaca Hour Dollars)

The Global Central Bank would be financed by whatever benefits will come from the printing of money and seigniorage.   Any surplus monetary benefits coming to the bank would be allocated to politically agreed-upon goals, such as the reduction of foreign debt or the eradication of disease or the support of family planning.

As it's thought by many economists that a Single Global Currencywill be good for the people of the world and as many economists and non-economists expect a Single Global Currency "someday", why not obtain the benefits thereof sooner rather than later?  It will surely benefit all the people of all the countries of the world if there is a Single Global Currency, just as it currently benefits California and Maine to be in the same monetary union with the U.S. dollar, and for Germany and Portugal to be in the European Monetary Union with the euro.   "Let's start planning, NOW!"

Let's ask the thousands of economists who specialize in international monetary issues to study how the Single Global Currency will work and what is needed to implement it.   Enough has been studied and written about how the current exchange rate systems do not give suffcient stability to the international finance system.  "Let's start planning, NOW!"

Of course, there are issues to be worked and agreements to be made.   There will be questions about which countries can participate, and under what conditions.   There will be questions about what steps must be accomplished first or second or third.   There should be no question, however, of whether the goal should be reached.   In any case, "Let's start planning, NOW!"

For more information about the Single Global Currency Association, please send email to: Single Global Currency Association

or you may write to:

Single Global Currency Association
P.O. Box 390, Newcastle, ME 04553, USA.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06
lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Dollar Devaluation: Half

Listening to some of the interaction Ron Paul had with the Bernank last week one comment stood out to me in particular.  Ron Paul prefaced a question to Ben by stating that, "...the US dollar has lost half of its value in the last 3 years...". 

I remember reading only a few months ago on this 'Single Global Currency' website that to implement the new currency plan that the dollar would be devalued by half.  I had not realized that this was taking place so quickly, with the wild ride the dollar has been on this past year.  

If these two pieces of info align, then perhaps we are closer to the the big change than I once thought.

When enough of the conditions arise in a timely way, then it will manifest.  Looks, from this website, that it already exists.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Dollar Devaluation down by half

Repost:  I put this on another thread about the devaluation of the dollar, so this is a redux.

Harry Browne wrote about this topic back in the 70s~80s. He made a "Permanent Porfolio" strategy for beating devaluation.  Not sure how well it has worked over the years as I haven't really looked in detail.  FYI: 

http://harrybrowne.org/PermanentPortfolioResults.htm

tmosley
tmosley's picture
Hat Tips: 14948
Now they call it the one.

Now they call it the one.  Next year it will be the half.  The year after, the quarter, and so on.

I'll stick to gold and silver, thanks.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
United Nations Gold Coin

Test. Limited Issue: "Unity in Diversity"    Any takers?

http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/redstate_commentary/2009/12/united-nations-gold-coin.html

More going global:  http://www.unitedglobalasset.com/index.php?id=futurescontract

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Commodity Backed Currency: A List of Natural Resources

http://www.myuniversalfacts.com/2008/04/countries-and-their-natural-resources.html

If in the future "money" will be commodity backed, would you like to know who's got what?  It is hard to play the game when all of the cards on not visibly on the table.  Ah, if life were only this easy.

...and the CIA has their own lists?  Wow!

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2111.html

The "indexMUNDI": http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=energy-price-index

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Mundi and Yeats

Amazed at how much info is on this site concerning commodities (globally).  Check it out!

http://www.indexmundi.com/  

"Spiritus Mundi" is Latin, meaning "spirit" or "soul of the world." 

...and below is a link for entertainment: "The Second Coming" by Yeats 

http://www.secretdoors.com/weavermoon/secondcoming.html

The Second Coming

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre 

The falcon cannot hear the falconer; 
Things fall apart; the center cannot hold; 
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, 
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere 
The ceremony of innocence is drowned; 
The best lack all conviction, while the worst 
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand; 
Surely the Second Coming is at hand. 
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out 
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi 
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert 
A shape with lion body and the head of a man, 
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun, 
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it 
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds
The darkness drops again; but now I know 
That twenty centuries of stony sleep 
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle, 
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, 
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"

-- William Butler Yeats, January 1919

Baxter Bentley
Baxter Bentley's picture
Hat Tips: 121
I like what I've read so

I like what I've read so far.

I'm particularly fascinated by this one (http://www.singleglobalcurrency.org/fundamental_right.html):

"Along with others, there should be a fundamental human right to a stable currency, where people have the ability to Earn, Save, Invest and Spend stable money.

This human right does not require government expenditures to protect, but it does require government and central bank practices which keep inflation to a low level, such as 2%. Allowing inflation to rise above 4% could be said to violate the human right to a stable currency.

Allowing inflation grow at greater than 4% is to deprive many people of their property without just compensation."

I'm going to research this more, but from what I've read, I like what they're proposing.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
hope it helps

Hope the info is helpful, Baxter, to subdue fears about what is coming and to help us prepare well.  Already there has been much mention about commodity-backed currencies in the mainstream media for the past several years, namely the Aussie dollar, Canadian dollar, Chinese Yuan and the Russian Rubel.   

I neither like nor dislike the info.  It is what it is and it is on the web for those who can find it.  Just thought we might need some of this info posted on a site such as this.  

If you find more info on this subject, please do share it.  wink

Thanks.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Commodity-Backed Currency

http://www.transaction.net/money/backed/

FalseParadigm
FalseParadigm's picture
Hat Tips: 822
Baxter Bentley wrote:I'm

Baxter Bentley wrote:

I'm going to research this more, but from what I've read, I like what they're proposing.

You've got to be kidding.

A global currency would effectively end all national sovereignty and would lead to a massive reduction in the standard of living.  With one unilateral currency the standard of living would be reduced to the lowest common denominator.

Just stop and think about it for a second.  What this website is proposing is the creation of a global currency which would inevitably lead to the formation of a GLOBAL GOVERNMENT.  Our votes already don't count.  Can you imagine what the world would become if there was one central government hub that controlled everything on the planet?  Today we can march into the offices of our Representatives and scream at them if we want.  That would change under a 1 currency/1 government system wouldn't it?

Everything in history that has proven to be negative was always advertised as a "positive."  Just look at technology.  Visa is rolling out the new "Digital wallet" this fall.  It replaces the need for carrying credit cards and cash.  You merely wave your smartphone near some wifi spot in whatever store you're in and it automatically recognizes your bank accounts and deducts the money.  But the catch is that it'll likely use biometrics as a form of ID (thumbprint scan).  Yes it sounds cool and efficient but it's only leading toward the destruction of what remaining liberty you have left.  If the digital wallet in a few years turned into the digital RFID chip that is surgically implanted would you be up for that too?

Bottom line is that we do not live in a utopia.  Generally the more powerful people become the more corrupt they become.  A one world/one government world would ONLY work in a utopia. 

If this organization wanted a truly stable currency it'd advocate the elimination of central bank planning and fiat currency.  By using a currency that is fully backed by gold and silver in a FREE market you have zero percent inflation.  Just read history.  The US had zero percent inflation for about 150 years.  Central planning and fiat currency is the problem.  A true free market allows supply and demand to dictate pricing.  In a truly free market there are no boom and bust cycles like in a centrally planned market.

Baxter Bentley
Baxter Bentley's picture
As long as the United States

As long as the United States government isn't calling the shots and whoever is in charge keeps their hands off my guns and my land, then I don't really care who is running the show.

Almost anything is better than what we have now. This country has become a joke.

Ralphie
Ralphie's picture
Hat Tips: 281
Sorros Urging Investors to Take Their $$ Elsewhere

Any odd connection to the currency changes?  I dunno....

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2011/08/08/am-why-the-rich-are-investing-in-family-offices/

FalseParadigm
FalseParadigm's picture
Hat Tips: 822
Baxter Bentley wrote:As long

Baxter Bentley wrote:

As long as the United States government isn't calling the shots and whoever is in charge keeps their hands off my guns and my land, then I don't really care who is running the show.

Almost anything is better than what we have now. This country has become a joke.

And do you really expect a foreign government to continue to allow you to own firearms and land?  Like it or not the US continues to be one of the most free nations in the world.  The fact that OUR OWN GOVERNMENT is attacking the 2nd amendment and doesn't even allow us to own land free and clear says a lot.  If you think you own your house just because you paid off your mortgage, think again.  To find out who the true owner is just see what happens once you stop paying your property taxes.  The state will act and assume control of THE STATES' property.

We need to take back our country.  If you ask me, being indifferent and not fighting for your liberty is as un-American as it gets.  It's unfortunate that the masses are totally unwilling to resist the tyranny that's forcing itself upon us.

Baxter Bentley
Baxter Bentley's picture
SeverinSlade wrote: And do

SeverinSlade wrote:

And do you really expect a foreign government to continue to allow you to own firearms and land?

I live in Arizona and I'm an Arizonan. Do you know what that means? I think I can speak for the  vast majority of my state when I say "If you've got the balls, then come here and try to take what is ours"

Quote:
Like it or not the US continues to be one of the most free nations in the world.  The fact that OUR OWN GOVERNMENT is attacking the 2nd amendment and doesn't even allow us to own land free and clear says a lot.

I'm an Arizonan -- I don't care what the U.S. government does.

Quote:
We need to take back our country.  If you ask me, being indifferent and not fighting for your liberty is as un-American as it gets.  It's unfortunate that the masses are totally unwilling to resist the tyranny that's forcing itself upon us.

This country is run by crooks, liars, and thieves, that do not represent me or my interests. I wouldn't lift a finger to help this country, but I'll fight and die defending Arizona if that's what it takes.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Resource Nationalism

Resource nationalism, capacity constraints the biggest risks facing global mining

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page72068?oid=133039&sn=Detail&pid=102055

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Rothchild on One Currency

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
currency

http://www.globalresearch.ca/china-agency-calls-for-new-reserve-currency-and-new-world-order/5354190

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
russia & gold

http://www.ibtimes.com/central-bank-gold-buying-slows-russia-sells-precious-metal-september-imf-data-1445398

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Economic Crisis: "Give them the money."

Economic Crisis: Causes and Solutions

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Effective July 1, 2014

http://beforeitsnews.com/forex/2014/03/h-r-2847-july-1-2014-the-u-s-dollar-will-officially-collapse-2453932.html

http://flolandra.com/new-currency-law-goes-into-effect-july-1st-2014-devastating/

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Global Currency, the ONE"