$40

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
donpaulo
donpaulo's picture
Hat Tips: 3413
$40

Can I get a booyeah for silver touching 4o bucks for the first time since May ?

are you feeling bullish or bearish ?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09
Vypuero
Vypuero's picture
Hat Tips: 3999
booyeah!

bullish

Kiwi
Kiwi's picture
Hat Tips: 240
booyeah with reservations

It's a mixed set of feelings for me.... happy my core pool position is going up, but pissed I got shaken out of my AGQ at 33.5 (the bottom...of course).

And a little sad because the move in the metals signals that there are some really awful times coming ahead of us. Enjoy this summer, capture some great memories, I think 2012 is going to be an ugly year for the world.

Art Lomax
Art Lomax's picture
Hat Tips: 3661
capture some great memories

Good advice Kiwi. I spent the weekend on the lake with my 5 year old granddaughter making memories.

No1Hunter
No1Hunter's picture
Hat Tips: 1324
Bullish

Bullish

I am note sure we will see $50 before the month ends but I have this feeling we may before summer is over.  I had that feeling to buy Saturday and dump about $10k in physical silver in the $35-37 range.

The big question is if we do see $50 by the time summer is over, where will we be at the end of December?  Will gold be 2k+ and silver around $75+?  Unless the banksters slap us down, me may be there.

arch stanton
arch stanton's picture
Hat Tips: 2064
Friday COT

Still nervous about the EE adding over 30k shorts as reported in the

COT for gold.  I was thinking since gold held so well during the May blood letting in silver they would attack gold and try to drag silver down with it.  I am still expecting a raid but in the long term it matters not.  Physical demand and shortages will overwhelm paper manipulation.

silverbleve
silverbleve's picture
Hat Tips: 2217
I'm also watching the cot for gold

Ted Butler pointed out the gold shorts in the cot report, it makes sense for ee to attack gold instead of silver, it has happened before. I call it the 2nd gunman from the grassy knoll strategy; if the first gunman fails to take out the target (in this case runaway silver) the backup guy is there to finish the job with a gold beatdown.

I wonder if they know some news that hasn't been released yet, a few weeks ago about greece having to sell the national 'silver' in an attempt to meet debt obligations, of course they were talking figuratively, as in "never sell the family silver" and were probably talking metaphorically about a wide range of national resources, but they do have some of the oldest continuously operational gold and silver mines in the world, it stands to reason they should have some veritable stockpiles around. Even if they don't actually do it, just a rumor of them dumping some PM's on the market could keep prices down a month or two. Just my humble conspiracy theory of course.

I am watching with great interest what numbers we close at today with the ramifications to the ee of talking heads reporting the news of new highs. It "feels" like they are losing control, but at the same time they don't seem to ever lose control, but rather sometimes want us to think they have so they can wipe us out again. 

FalseParadigm
FalseParadigm's picture
Hat Tips: 822
The news

silverbleve wrote:

Ted Butler pointed out the gold shorts in the cot report, it makes sense for ee to attack gold instead of silver, it has happened before. I call it the 2nd gunman from the grassy knoll strategy; if the first gunman fails to take out the target (in this case runaway silver) the backup guy is there to finish the job with a gold beatdown.

I wonder if they know some news that hasn't been released yet, a few weeks ago about greece having to sell the national 'silver' in an attempt to meet debt obligations, of course they were talking figuratively, as in "never sell the family silver" and were probably talking metaphorically about a wide range of national resources, but they do have some of the oldest continuously operational gold and silver mines in the world, it stands to reason they should have some veritable stockpiles around. Even if they don't actually do it, just a rumor of them dumping some PM's on the market could keep prices down a month or two. Just my humble conspiracy theory of course.

I am watching with great interest what numbers we close at today with the ramifications to the ee of talking heads reporting the news of new highs. It "feels" like they are losing control, but at the same time they don't seem to ever lose control, but rather sometimes want us to think they have so they can wipe us out again. 

Could the news be that there's ALREADY a debt ceiling deal that has support from both houses?

Seems legit to me.  All of the news reports these past two weeks have read "Gold hits new highs on concerns of possible US default and Eurozone contagion."  Remove the potential of a US default and a lot of that panicked gold buying eases (at least for now).

Desert Fox
Desert Fox's picture
Hat Tips: 3567
The Boogy-Man

I think the fear of take-downs and the "negative" silver/gold news is like the Boogy-Man.

Watch out, he's behind every corner, every tree.

Look, we found lots of Gold in India, More Silver here in Greece, a tea set in Grandma's attic.

All the while The PTB  create billions of debt here and trillions in caustic derivatives there and we're supposed to accept that like we would the Red Sox box-score.

Eye on the prize, and yes I'm happy and Bullish about $40 Silver but no-where near satisfied. Go Silver, Go!cool

pourty
pourty's picture
Hat Tips: 2678
All of this has made me reluctant...

I really, really, want to stack some more this week, but I'm holding out for a correction before I do.  I still think there will be a raid and we'll see at least high 30's again.

But I know nothing, so maybe I'm wrong, I kinda hope not... wink

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "$40"