20 free 90% silver dimes...

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Save_America1st
Save_America1st's picture
Hat Tips: 4165
20 free 90% silver dimes...

This is not an ad or solicitation or whatever.  Just a commercial I heard, and I went ahead and called them up to get my free dimes.  So I thought I'd just share:

I was listening to the radio just now, and a Roslin Capital commercial said they were offering 20 free 90% silver dimes (pre-1965) free along with their free gold investors guide if you called them at 800-375-0333. 

I called the number and told the operator I heard the gold investors guide commercial offering the 20 free silver dimes.  She said, ok, and asked for my phone number and mailing address and said thank you and that was all there was to it.

I don't need their gold investors guide, but hey, 20 free 90% silver dimes is still free silver, so why not?

Anyways, just thought I'd share since it seemed like an easy call w/out any questions other than needing my address. 

Just wanted to give all the Turdites a heads up!

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09
Shill
Shill's picture
SO HOPE YOU DO NOT GET ROBBED

SO HOPE YOU DO NOT GET ROBBED NOW!!!

Call me paranoid.  And to think you gave your actual home address, my oh my. Even a PO Box would have sufficed. Is $50 bucks worth the risk? I would be very careful of how one approaches this. Now these people know you invest in PM's, just by showing interest. You have no clue who you gave your address too. Sure you get your coins, but the info is still in questionable hands.

Nothing is ever free.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

magis00
magis00's picture
Hat Tips: 413
Ah shit. Not too paranoid at all, Shill.

Ah shit.  Not too paranoid at all, Shill.  Don't suppose I can undo that one. 

Classic idiot -- I did think about sending it to my neighbor's house, but didn't.  Oy vey.

tread_w_care
tread_w_care's picture
Hat Tips: 3056
Rosland Capital?

http://www.roslandcapital.com/info/opt-in

Shill, I'm as paranoid as the next guy (OK, maybe not) but that's a bit off the deep end if this is a legit enterprise.  Looks like it might be.  Plenty of people get the Kitco/Monex/Goldworth kits sent home all the time.  Most of those companies (Rosland included) sell physical investment vehicles that include leverage and storage (for a nominal fee, of course).  And, yes, they sell physical too. 

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric_Bastiat

tread_w_care
tread_w_care's picture
Hat Tips: 3056
That being said . . .

that number doesn't add up, if y'all really did call a Roslin Capital, no clue who the heck that is, here's your number lookup:

http://www.google.com/search?q=800-375-0333&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=800-375-0333&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=4bJ&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&ei=xZYjTsr5Dc-3twfC4unDAw&start=0&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=97eede9ed711c932&biw=1440&bih=771

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric_Bastiat

magis00
magis00's picture
Double Shit.

Guess it's time to move.

Shill
Shill's picture
NOTHING

Is ever for free. I am not trying to cram SA's post not at all, just proceed with caution is all I am saying.  Solicitation does invite problems whether its from Roslin or the US mint.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

silverwood
silverwood's picture
Hat Tips: 1496
What program and radio station was the offer on?

I just called and the gal asked me what radio station and program I heard this on, all I could say was I don't remember. Dah!

magis00
magis00's picture
Panic Subsides . . .

Well, being unable to turn my focus back to work with images of SWAT teams and semi-autos and all flashing (flash bangs?! Gah!) through my head, I called Rosland Capital myself . . . a much cheerier-sounding lass spoke with me and it turns out:

• they are running that promotion, and
  • the crazy # we dialed is one of their telemarketers'.

So, I'll chalk this one up to learning, and be much more perspicacious in the future.  Holy Wah.

Be safe out there kids.

~Magis

Mudsharkbytes
Mudsharkbytes's picture
Hat Tips: 8519
Howza about giving us a clue

Howza about giving us a clue as to what station and program we heard this on so we won't have silverwoods problem when we call?  As long as that station does internet streaming, shouldn't be an issue.

Save_America1st
Save_America1st's picture
Hat Tips: 4165
Sorry about that...

They didn't even ask me when I called in.  But it was the Ben Ferguson show (any relation to Turd??? LOL).  It was on 970WFLA in Tampa where I'm at.  He's on Sunday nights 7pm to 9pm Eastern Time. 

Now that you mention it, they didn't ask what show I was listening to, so I didn't think to give the details last night when I posted it.  I suppose they didn't ask because I called during the show.

I don't know if he's local to Tampa or heard nation-wide.  The offer might still be going on next Sunday night though, so maybe if you call from wherever you are next Sunday during his show they won't ask you anything. 

Those dimes went up to 2.93/each today though after that show.  I've been buying a bunch of Roosevelt's lately.  My last batch off Ebay were at 2.54/each a little over a week ago and now they're almost .40 more/each! 

I have a bunch of Mercury dimes too, but in a SHTF situation I wanted to have Roosevelts to use up first...maybe by then the Mercs will be valued higher than the Roosevelts.

Anyway...just wanted to share that with all.

Thanks for getting back to me on that so I could look up the info for everyone!  Keep BTFD and stacking the phyzz!!!

bern
bern's picture
Hat Tips: 1221
Shill wrote: Nothing is ever

Shill wrote:

Nothing is ever for free. ...

Cowboy: All I'm saying is, pie is never free!

Liberty Library ~ PM Bug

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
I dont own silver, you dont

I dont own silver, you dont own silver.  Its all theoretical.  We're all broke and we just chat here as if we had the silver.  It helps us cope with the reality of this depression, and if only we had a few pennies to rub together, we would all be silver investors. 

Maybe in the next life ay friends?

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

magis00
magis00's picture
Darned boat accident . . .don't want to talk about it

Just looking at her sink, with all my PMs and all my Bacon . . . brings it all back.  Eh?

Dakini
Dakini's picture
Hat Tips: 411
ONE FREE Mercury Dime Only

Hi and thanks for the tip! I just called and apparently there was some mixup. They are not offering 20 silver coins, but rather just ONE free Mercury dime with the free gold investor's kit. Had a great conversation with the guy too! About bad boy, Jamie Dimon and how he screwed a bunch of shareholders when JP Morgan took over some mutual fund company. PS: I do not "hat tip" myself - that's too rude.

Sockeye
Sockeye's picture
Hat Tips: 1234
NOT 20 DIMES IT IS ONLY 1 DIME

I just called.  it is not 20 dimes.  it is only 1 dime value under $3.  No big deal. 

Not worth getting onto a mail list forever. 

The guy said other people mentioned 20 dimes.  He asked where I got that.  I told him.  I told him I would post a correction that it is only 1 dime. 

He said it never was 20 dimes.

The original poster can expect to receive 1 dime. pre 1965.

I am almost always wrong. But the fun in life is those few times when I am right.

SuperManny
SuperManny's picture
Hat Tips: 805
I think it's probably legit,

I think it's probably legit, but I'd say this is more realistic.

Quote:
They are not offering 20 silver coins, but rather just ONE free Mercury dime with the free gold investor's kit.

About a year ago there was a similar company called Investment Rarities Inc. offering a free 1934 half dollar with their investment kit. I got one and it was all good except they kept calling me trying to get me to open an account.

Finally I just told them they had the wrong number, because I recently acquired this number and they stopped calling. They sent me some pretty good newsletters for awhile, and the salesman who called me seemed very knowledgable.

I just googled it and found their website... may be worth a look. :)

http://www.investmentrarities.com/

bern
bern's picture
Hat Tips: 1221
BTW, if you are interested in

BTW, if you are interested in chasing loss leaders to get physical silver at a discount, there is a blog dedicated to finding these kinds of deals:

http://preciousmetalbargains.com/

Liberty Library ~ PM Bug

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "20 free 90% silver dimes..."