Thread of Faith … Christian Support Discussion

1149 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bay
Bay's picture
Hat Tips: 1760
Thread of Faith … Christian Support Discussion

Thread of Faith … Christian Discussion

A few days ago some of us engaged in conversation on one of the mainstream threads entitled “Turd Back”. That conversation basically started with Larry posting “@ Ginger and others”. The conversation continued between many till the end of the thread. For the purpose of this thread to become clear I suggest going there for review. It can be found here ….

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/1568/turd-back?page=3

As you can see our discussion revolved around pain in our lives as Christians. I would like to open this thread of faith continuing to explore that topic as I believe it is very important. Feel free to copy the posts from the thread mentioned and bring them over here to discuss further or just state your own comment/question and then we can all join in TOGETHER.

Before I leave off please allow me to relay a few thoughts to my brethren who post on Turds site and will be posting here. Even though I may have started this thread, let me state, I am not in charge. We are all on equal footing. It matters not if you have been saved 40 days or 40 years we are ALL a part of the body of Christ and ONLY HE is the head. Your input does matter. I understand some may have studied the bible longer than others but that doesn’t make them/you superior. So, you may be a Pastor, Elder, Deacon or hold some other capacity in some church building. Good, fine but please check it at the thread door. Consider the following:

Mark 10: 42-45

42Jesus called the disciples and said to them, “You know that those who are recognized as rulers among the Gentiles lord it over them, and their superiors act like tyrants over them.  43That’s not the way it should be among you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44and whoever wants to be first among you must be a slave to everyone. 45For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many people.”

I see great potential to discuss many topics here and learn from ALL. That’s what the body of Christ is …. a sharing community. We are like minded in what we see happening around us. We are all on Turds website because we share a common bond in silver and gold, great!!! Let’s share with one another the greatest bond that connects us.

P.S. I called this “Thread of Faith …. Christian Discussion” because ….

•    1) The term “Thread of Faith” was created by Yooper Rick and had resonated with
  •        Ginger so who could come up with something better than members of the body of
  •        Christ. How fitting.
  •  
  •     2) I added “Christian Discussion” to let all know what this thread will consist of so they
  •          are informed of the content before entry into the thread.

Moderator's Note: The title has been edited to "Support Discussion" make it clearer that this is a "support" thread for Christians. This is not the place to debate Christianity or discuss the finer points of theology. Please go to the following thread to discuss theology:

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forum/1712/expanded-theological-discussion-spiritual-seekers-believers-and-everyone-else

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:27
Larry
Larry's picture
Hat Tips: 7685
Thanks Chin

No time to comment now but will check back and join the discussion. Looking forward to seeing the comments from fellow Christian investors.

Blessings

Larry
Larry's picture
@Chin - Another Like-Minded

Just the other day I was exploring the vast side roads and alleys surrounding Turd's Main Street blog and found some pretty incredible Christian discussion. Being techno-challenged (and too lazy to figure out how to link other comments from other forum subjects under the Turdville umbrella), I hope you might pass along an invite to a Christian fellow named Pourty.

One of Pourty's comments of particular interest can be found on the forum titled "Prepare Accordingly", in a sub-forum titled, "How I found freedom in an unfree world". The comment I'm referring to is # 25.

By his writing attitude and use of scriptures, Pourty seems like a good chap, articulate and with a good, Christian head on his shoulders. He would be a good contributors to this new thread. I'd click the button to invite him myself but, again, techno-challenged-in-blog linkage and such. That, and the forum got a bit earthy and philosophical after his last post and I haven't seen him since.

Anyhoo, I'll link the page below, not sure if it'll work... but here goes:

'How I Found Freedom In An Unfree World' | TF Metals Report

Larry
Larry's picture
Prediction

By the way, I like the title, "Thread of Faith". Good choice.

Due to the inevitable use of God, Jehovah, Bible, Christ, Jesus, apostle's names, and Christian in this thread, I'll go out on a limb and predict that this 'Faith Street' will not be the most traveled. Maybe, hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. Whatever the case, I'm glad you started it. I have, off and on, limited time but I'll surely check in.

Per capita, how many bloggers that also follow politics, monetary policy, currency, economic survival and gold/silver investing also happen to be Christians? Of those few, how many are familiar with Turdville? Of them, how many are willing to comment and discuss all things from a Christian perspective online?

Another prediction: as the world enters the next phase of inflation (or hyperinflation), increased crime, increased fraud and government intervention, chaos, collapse of currencies and national freedoms... gold, silver and their relative shares will rise dramatically... as will interest in spiritual matters, Jehovah God and His son, Jesus Christ. Without this knowledge and a close personal relationship we are truly hanging by a very dangerously thin thread. 

Who knows... maybe one soul around these parts will discover their way to Christ and eternal salvation from a comment, or one word on this thread.

Now I'm out of time and late to a meeting. 

Carpe Diem and God Bless y'all.

Bay
Bay's picture
Larry

I intend to post a link to this on mainstreet later today .... just waiting for market to close .... I will look into getting an invite over to Pourty by following the link you provided .... I haven't done this yet but by clicking on the posters name you can go to his profile and invite him/her to a private chat which may also work for contact .... don't know if that person needs to be logged in or not but worth a shot .... keep that in mind as we go in case I don't find him .... glad you are here smiley

LaMachinna
LaMachinna's picture
Hat Tips: 2263
Just.....

checkin' in laugh  Although I certainly love main street! my heart belongs to the mighty creator of the streets of gold.  I'm thankful for this sight and each one here.  Thankful for Turd for all he has done. 

I was a part of the postings referenced above and was hopeful that something like this would come to be!  Thanks Chin, man.  You rock.

I'll be seeing you 'round....have a lump in my throat just thinking of meetin' more friends here on faith street. 

Blessings comrades, blessings to you and yours.

pourty
pourty's picture
Hat Tips: 2678
I guess I don't need an invite now... LOL!

I'm happy some have appreciated my words, look forward to see where this goes!

71185208's picture
Hat Tips: 1778
Nice to see some fellow

Nice to see some fellow Christians on here.

OC15
OC15's picture
Hat Tips: 2159
Thank you for starting this

I have for some time been trying to write something and explain to people, especially my fellow Christians what is going on in the world today.  From reading the Bible and other non-Christian works on institutional evil, conspiracy, secret societies, world domination, etc.  I believe the Lord has been giving me some discernment on what is going on.  Most Christians believe that there will someday be a world government, world currency, world religion.  However, I also believe that most who are awakened to the fiat money ponzi scheme will dismiss my theory as religious wing nut stuff.  I also believe that most people who are disillusioned to the current system will never wake up as they will be utterly deceived by the forces of darkness as prophesied.  When I have more time I will begin posting some of these ideas on this thread.

LaMachinna
LaMachinna's picture
Hat Tips: 2263
Welcome....

everyone!  OC 15 look forward to hearing your ideas smiley

Tesla
Tesla's picture
Hat Tips: 8165
Cool Thread Chin -

This website and blog really is becoming a place of infinite growth potential on so many levels. I look forward to the expansion of my mind, understanding and faith. I'm a believer in Christ but I'm no Saint (gotta keep working on that big time!) Hope I have something to contribute to the 'give more than you take culture' 

Yooper Rick
Yooper Rick's picture
Hat Tips: 791
Hey Chin! God bless you

Hey Chin! God bless you brother! I came over here as soon as I saw your hand bill up on Main St. What a blessing this place is. The good Lord saved my soul once and my old bag of bones several times. Silver, gold or lead will save no one in the end times if we don't have Him by the hand. Looking forward to chasing some "rabbits" with you all, brothers and sisters.

yooper rick

Yooper Rick
Yooper Rick's picture
OC15...that is exactly the

OC15...that is exactly the "rabbits" I'm talking about.

yooper rick

seadocks
seadocks's picture
Hat Tips: 162
Chin's thread

I have been reading Turd's blog for some time, but have never felt compelled to post anything... till now.   I hope that this thread becomes a viable discussion area.

I stack some, and over the last 25 years,  have done options on futures occasionally... particularly in grains and livestock.  I use them as hedges since I produce grains and livestock.  I really haven't done much speculation, although I have thought about it from time to time.  I am just unsure about how/when to make the decision to pull the trigger.

Bay
Bay's picture
Topics

First of all good to see you here LaMachinna .... great to have you onboard .... you do realize there is a chin in your namesmiley

And you also pourty .... we would have found you but you found us .... look forward to sharing ....

Hello GDH from Johannesburg, South Africa .... wonderful .... I am sure we would love to hear about our brethren in SA .... wouldn't it be nice if we all had our locations listed?

Hey OC15 .... glad that you found us and you are welcome (response to your thanks) .... if you followed the links up above you will know that it was Christians coming together that caused the launch which I believe was led by our Lord and Savior Jesus ....

Just to reiterate .... I am sure we all have many things we would like to share and discuss. If we get on a topic and stay focused there then the benefit to all can be maximized. We can even throw suggestions out for a new topic and after prayerful consideration come back and take a vote .... we will need to adjust as we go to see where the Master takes us.

CreditCrumbs
CreditCrumbs's picture
Hat Tips: 2435
Hi All

Hi everyone,

I am a believer, too. I have been posting for ~4 years at Mish's blog. My screen name, CreditCrumbs, comes from my prediction that at some point (after the great reset), money will be scarce that people fight over crumbs of money and credit. 

We are entrusted to be good stewards of this earth, and also of one another. Our monetary system is inconsistent with my belief of  good stewardship. There is no love, there is only greed. There is no leading by examples and by serving, there is only leading by enslaving others. 

Unfortunately, among my christian friends, many of them are too busy with daily life of work and family that they do not stop and think about our monetary and economic system. So ignorance is all around me. I feel good to find "enlightened" others in this forum. 

CreditCrumbs

Laineyisat
Laineyisat's picture
Hat Tips: 238
tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat...

How 'bout a BIG GROUP HUG!?!?!?

It has gotten so lonely out here...

The Christian brothers and sisters that I know in person are ALL in the "Well,-I'm-just-going-to-trust-God-if-things- get-tough" mentality.... wow. That group even includes some of my flesh and blood family...  Which makes me sad and frustrated all at the same time. 

Thank God my husband (Doc J) and I are on the same page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Chin for starting this thread! What a great idea!!! 

You can bet I'll be checking back in!!!

: )

Lainey

Bay
Bay's picture
I'm a believer in Christ but I'm no Saint

Tesla .... but you are a Saint, justified by faith, counted in the number brother .... we all have a sin problem .... first justification then sanctification .... the justification part is free for Jesus paid the price the sanctification is an ongoing process .... hang here and we'll all work together smiley

Yoop ... buddy ... I knew you'd be here and I'm not even a prophet surprise ... welcome

seadocks .... what can I say .... I am moved by your decision to post for the first time .... not for me or anyone but I perceive you did it for your love for your Lord and want to know  more of Him .... sharing with one another is how you do that .... we all have a piece and as we share with one another we grow .... part of the sanctification process I was speaking about earlier

Bay
Bay's picture
CreditCrumbs & Lainey

Glad you're here .... totally understand your frustrations .... I no longer go there as I have come to understand from the Lord that some will suffer .... I don't want them to and neither do you but they are His and He does chasten those he loves .... lets pray that they learn the lesson early ... probably another good topic to get on and share   

By the way Lainey is Doc J, Doctor Jerome?

Yooper Rick
Yooper Rick's picture
Lainey...When I have

Lainey...When I have Christian friends say they will trust in the Lord if things get bad I say, "Would you sit in the freeway and play jacks and trust in the Lord?" As we are in this world not of this world things we do still require a level of preparation participation, like it or not.

yooper rick

Tesla
Tesla's picture
Hat Tips: 8165
Thanks for the encouragement - Gave me a lift!

Truth is my problem isnt sinning - no problem there at all!

... its NOT Sinning that I have trouble with!!!)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Thread of Faith … Christian Support Discussion"