Jim Sinclair's Gold Angels

61 posts / 0 new
Last post
Babstar
Babstar's picture
Hat Tips: 565
Jim Sinclair's Gold Angels

Jim Sinclair mentions the next angel as $1764 on KingWorldNews. Can someone please explain how these "angels" are derived?

From the cartoon, the list of angels are:

• $2025
  • $1936
  • $1949
  • $1764
  • $1681
  • $1650
  • $1521
  • $1444
  • $1369
  • $1278
  • $1224
Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:31
pink freud
pink freud's picture
Hat Tips: 1606
Its Uncle Santa's formula for

Its Uncle Santa's formula for the next high and then subsequent correction before the next high after that.

Babstar
Babstar's picture
Pink, thanks, what is the

Pink, thanks, what is the basis for the actual targets, are they technical levels?

ginger
ginger's picture
Hat Tips: 2799
I have wondered about this

I have wondered about this too. Thanks for asking.

Jasper Puddlemaker
Jasper Puddlemaker's picture
Hat Tips: 1879
Babstar wrote:Jim Sinclair

Babstar wrote:

Jim Sinclair mentions the next angel as $1764 on KingWorldNews. Can someone please explain how these "angels" are derived?

Jim's has said his "angels" are derived from a formula used by Livermore.  He has not given the actual formula for determining these price levels.

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Hat Tips: 11941
*points at Jasper's answer

*points at Jasper's answer above*

Shhhh it's a secret! smiley

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

Jasper Puddlemaker
TheGoodDoctor wrote: *points

TheGoodDoctor wrote:

*points at Jasper's answer above*

Shhhh it's a secret! smiley

I would love to know, but I suppose knowing would not be of much value since Jim has put the numbers out there for us already :)  For what it is worth, I was playing around with fibonacci  numbers on Stockcharts one day, and seemed to get a lot of "hits" similar to Jim's numbers (though a lot more "noise" in mine).  I don't know if that was coincidence or not.  Either way, I owe Jim a debt of gratitude beyond what I can express for all that he has done for us over the years.

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Yes, me too. I just

Yes, me too. I just discovered Jim Sinclair about the time I discovered ZH. Ron Paul kicked the whole thing off for me which led to Ted Butler. My knowledge ramp up in the past two years has been nothing short of amazing. I knew there was something wrong but I could say what it was.

Once you figure out monetary policy and the monetary system, you feel gipped like you did when you were a kid when you found out Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy weren't real. I'm surprised there hasn't been rioting in the streets yet here in the USA. I suppose the closer we get to the election people will start to get cagey.

Anyway, my point was I am so glad I have figured this out. And it is so great to be here with like minded people. If for the very least that you know you are not insane after you have woken up! cheeky

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

Babstar
Babstar's picture
Hat tip to you GoodDoc!  This

Hat tip to you GoodDoc!  This has roughly been my experience as well.  

With regard to the angels, I'm currently 40% the way through "Reminiscences Of a Stock Operator", by Edward LeFerve.  For those that aren't aware, the main character Larry Livingston = Jesse Livermore, Sinclair's father was father Bert Seligman who worked with Livermore IIRC. Here's a an KWN 2009 interview with Sinclair about Jesse & Bert

From  my read thus of Reminiscences thus far, theses numbers may be old trading  rules of thumb.  Even number targets eg 1600 for gold will encourage more buying and its near peak will be beyond this target.

"Reminiscences Of a Stock Operator" Is in the public domain & available for download: Book [.pdf],  Audiobook,Online and of course on amazon or your friendly book store.

If these links don't work out google is your friend.

zilverreiger
zilverreiger's picture
Hat Tips: 2845
real gold is not magnetic

real gold is not magnetic (tungsten neither)

pink freud
pink freud's picture
it is if you are an angel

it is if you are an angel using gods magnet laugh

Michaelh9990
Michaelh9990's picture
Hat Tips: 99
Angels

Hi Guys,

I'm a life time lurker. Usually for information and general sentiment. I've followed Santa's site since 2005 and also have his technical compendium. I do advise it. As much as it may appear to be only the basics, there is lot more if you look and listen carefully. He does say it is all mathematics. So....... do a bit of work with square roots and you will find some of the answer. There is more to it than just squaring numbers but the $1764 target has a square root of 42. The square root of 1444 is 38. He has also mentioned 'how' to trade those points in some of his writings.  I have noticed that his earlier Angels dont exactly correlate to square roots, but pretty close. It kind of works with silver too but has to be broken down into decimals. For starters, 6x6 =36 and 7x7 =49. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

Hope that helps a little and just remember..... its all mathematics.

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Well, that is strange. If it

Well, that is strange. If it is square roots for gold. The square root of the gold price almost corresponds to the silver price as of late. And then of course you can program the algos for that right?

Tom L
Tom L's picture
Hat Tips: 6766
If you look at the series in

If you look at the series in the picture it's obvious (other than $1650)... add the next odd number in the series to the previous result and that's the next target.

1600-1521 = $79

1681-1600 = $81

1764-1681 = $83

1849-1764 = $85

1936-1849 = $87

2025-1936 = $89

What significance $1650 holds?  I'm not sure?  76.4% Fib retratcement of the $880 Jan 1980 high indexed for the CPI?  Dunno.

Ta,

-- Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have.

Need Goats or Chickens? Say hello at: www.facebook.com/PirateDogAcres

pink freud
pink freud's picture
How long ago did he predict

How long ago did he predict $1650? 

I know its been at least 3 years ..?   Only being off by 6 months isn't to shabby eh(if we get there;))

41 more fun bux and we have arrived at a crossroads as it may seem eh?

id like ta dedicate this one to uncle Jim....  Kenny Rogers - The Gambler

pink freud
pink freud's picture
you got to know when to hold em

know when to fold em

know when to walk away

know when to run

I remember reading these lyrics on his site one day, thinking,

knowing when to walk away and run would be a nice bonus

wasn't it ...   israel miscalculates

trouble in turkey

Jappleseed911
Jappleseed911's picture
Hat Tips: 190
pink freud wrote: wasn't it

pink freud wrote:

wasn't it ...   israel miscalculates

trouble in turkey

Almost! It's.....

1) Israel makes a major miscalculation.

2) Pakistan goes nuclear.

3) Turkey is a victim

in the above sequence.

Tom L
Tom L's picture
Hat Tips: 6766
$1650

Sinclair predicted that over 7 or 8 years ago.  He put out the $1 million bet in 2005 if memory serves.

He has nothing to hang his head over, making a $1650 call on a particular date and the price only getting to $1580.  The price when he made the call was around $350.

Ta,

-- Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have.

Need Goats or Chickens? Say hello at: www.facebook.com/PirateDogAcres

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Not to mention some slack

Not to mention some slack should be cut because even with all the manipulation of the gold/silver markets he wasn't too far off on $1600. I'm amazed at how nuts on he is.

Jasper Puddlemaker
Tom L wrote: What

Tom L wrote:

What significance $1650 holds?  I'm not sure?  76.4% Fib retratcement of the $880 Jan 1980 high indexed for the CPI?  Dunno.

As I recall, $1650 was the figure that would be needed (back then) to balance the external balance sheet of the US.  For discipline reasons he stuck with that call though he knew that figure would end up being low (but from time to time he hinted that Alf's and Martin's numbers were more realistic).  These days there is not much hinting; the figures are out in the open.  That is what I remember about "$1650" anyway.

Klingon
Klingon's picture
Hat Tips: 747
Israel makes a major

Israel makes a major miscalculation.

I saw, a couple of days ago, an article (Zero Hedge?) that the US has moved a 3rd carrier group into the Middle East. The article said that many in the military expect Netanyahu to give the go ahead to attack Iran in September. If this happens, gold, silver, and oil will go parabolic.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Jim Sinclair's Gold Angels"