Any SW Ohio/Northern Kentucky/SE Indiana Local Dealers You Trust?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rear Flank Downdraft
Rear Flank Downdraft's picture
Hat Tips: 1239
Any SW Ohio/Northern Kentucky/SE Indiana Local Dealers You Trust?

I've seen a couple folks on the board from the area, and I was wondering if anyone has some dealers they like and trust for acquiring physical.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:13
magis00
magis00's picture
Hat Tips: 413
Hyde Park Rare Coin on Edwards Rd.

Hyde Park Rare Coin on Edwards Rd. is my local shop -- the guys (and the babe) are very friendly, even if you're only buying 2 ASE's that day.  Last time I asked them about Turd they weren't in the know, but maybe they are now? 

Still utterly amazing to me how many people drive past that place every day, and have absolutely no idea.

I'm planning to investigate a few pawn shops in a few weeks (Bar exam in 10 days - arrgh), so I'll report back if I come up with anything spectacular.  Happy Friday RFD. 

~Magis

ClinkinKY
ClinkinKY's picture
Hat Tips: 22724
Reputable dealers

Coins+ in Florence, KY has always treated me fairly.

"The more you complain, the longer God lets you live".

Rear Flank Downdraft
Rear Flank Downdraft's picture
Hat Tips: 1239
Main Street has been my haunt...

Happy Friday as well to you too, Magis.....and thanks for the referral.  I have been hitting Main Street up in Faifield, guys there are nice and helpful and will chew the fat with you too, which is cool.  Had a buddy buy 2 days ago, and they seemed uncharacteristically low in 90% and 1 oz gold....at least in terms of what I've been used to seeing there.  Be interesting to see how inventories fluctuate here with the current trends.  I may try Hyde Park here soon.  Babes never hurt either.

Thanks, ClinkinKY.  I am in Florence occasionally and will check that too.

Katie Rose
Katie Rose's picture
Hat Tips: 12456
JUST MEASURES COIN SHOP

I have done business with Bobby at Just Measures Coin Shop and been very happy with my transactions. I recommend him highly.

My transactions have been over the phone and via mail and e-mail as I live on the West Coast USA.

He is an honorable man and on the same page as many of us here.

He is a member of: The Tree of Liberty.com and has pages of positive testimonials there.

Phone (812) 305-7091

Address

Just Measures Coin Shop
601 E 4th St Ste D
Mount Vernon, IN 47620

email: bobby@justmeasurescs.com

His website is: http://justmeasurescs.com/

Katie Rose

Ford Rep
Ford Rep's picture
Hat Tips: 20
Hyde Park Coin all day long

I have been going there for a few years now and trust them completely.  The prices can fluctuate a bit more than I'm comfortable with but are still generally much lower than anything else around, even online save Tulving.  They are incredible honest and usually have more than you need in stock.  

They also have a great little junk silver tray and lots of scrap gold turned in daily which you can get a good bit under melt.  You just have to ask to see it.

Be careful of JS Gold and Coin.  They're all over the TV but the spreads are just rotten.  I was quoted 97% of spot to buy my Krugerrands a few months ago!  I didn't last 5 more seconds on the phone with them after that.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Any SW Ohio/Northern Kentucky/SE Indiana Local Dealers You Trust?"