Consumer Confidence 63.8 on expectations of 72.2

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Violent Rhetoric
Violent Rhetoric's picture
Hat Tips: 475
Consumer Confidence 63.8 on expectations of 72.2

So consumers feel worse and thus spend less so The Bernanke's fears of deflation grow so QE3 gets little closer so stocks go up because people have less confidence.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:05

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”
~ Robert Heinlein

FalseParadigm's picture
Hat Tips: 822

The markets will realize that Bernanke is serious when he says QE3 is not happening with the markets and economic numbers at these levels. 

QE3 won't happen until the S&P is crashing down toward 1100 or lower and unemployment is around or above 10 percent.

Sorry to say it but metals WILL dip along with everything else.  Keep stacking but exercise extreme caution about buying heavy into this rally.

Another thing that makes me question how much support these price levels have is how aggresively all of the bullion dealers are advertising right now.  When gold was under $1500 recently I never got any emails or phone calls telling me "Now is the time to buy!"  But as soon as silver jumped 5% and gold hit a new nominal high, my inbox filled with emails and my phone started ringing.  If dealers were confident that these prices would hold strong I don't think they'd be aggressively trying to sell their bullion.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Consumer Confidence 63.8 on expectations of 72.2"