5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, Jul 14, 2011 - 11:03am
¤
-
Black Hole Sun
XX

Paul:"AAA Not Worth Saving, Were Insolvent Now"

Ron Paul: "America's AAA Rating Not Worth Saving" Because "We Are Insolvent"   Image cannot be displayedSubmitted by Tyler Durden on 07/14/2011 10:27 -0400

• Ben Bernanke
  • ratings
  • Ron Paul

• The man who yesterday got into a heated argument with the chairsatan on whether gold is or isn't money (a Bernanke response already mocked to death so we will leave it alone), shares his take on the most recent bout of scaremongering by Moody's (with S&P doing in private today what Moody's did in public yesterday) with Bloomberg TV's Erik Schatzker. When asked if the American AAA rating is worth saving, his reply: "probably not. I think if you had a market evaluation on this issue, it should have marked down a long time ago." The reason the downgrade will come regardless is that "ultimately that is going to happen anyway because we are insolvent." The big picture: "I think it is part of the game to make sure everyone is fearful so we continue this process. Long term, I think raising the debt limit is a negative because it delays the inevitable. It will give us much bigger problems down the road. Today and tomorrow, if Moody's does not lower the bond rating, it will be helpful in the short run. In the long run, it will be more devastating because Congress will go back to their old habits again." Said otherwise: Moody's is concerned about US debt now, but is not concerned if US were more tomorrow - sheer idiocy.

Edited by: ¤ on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:05am

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and rationale... https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/170246#comment-170246

randomness