Wouldnt now be a great time to raise those margins that were lowered in the end of May?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
Wouldnt now be a great time to raise those margins that were lowered in the end of May?

Big 5 percent move up today.  Shouldnt the CME come in and crash the party with some margin hikes this week?  If I remember correctly, it was mid to late may and the CME lowered metals margins after the devastation settled. 

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Getting damn close. JPM

Getting damn close. JPM closed today at 39.62. We wouldn't want another huge embarrassing failure, now would we? ;)

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

inchhigh
inchhigh's picture
Hat Tips: 10
Not Silver

I don't believe Silver margins were ever lowered. 

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
This one is probably what I

This one is probably what I was thinking of

http://silverdoctors.blogspot.com/2011/05/cme-lowers-yes-you-read-that-right-gold.html

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

FalseParadigm
FalseParadigm's picture
Hat Tips: 822
lilbromarky1 wrote: Wouldnt

lilbromarky1 wrote:

Big 5 percent move up today.  Shouldnt the CME come in and crash the party with some margin hikes this week?  If I remember correctly, it was mid to late may and the CME lowered metals margins after the devastation settled. 

Nah, they wouldn't do it quite yet.

I wouldn't at ALL be surprised if the CME hiked margins RIGHT AS Congress announces a debt ceiling deal.  That would have the maximum effect, as the margin calls will not only force liquidation but would also encourage a flow of capital into treasuries.

But we're nearing the endgame of the elites.  QE3 will be the final nail in the coffin for the Anglo-American empire as we know it today.  Again, I give it 12-18 months following the announcement of QE3 until China and the rest of the world dump the US dollar (and then the Euro).  Then we'll all be sold the new SDR or Bancor that's backed by gold and silver.  The NWO will be the "saviors" and all will be well in the world.  [/sarc]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Wouldnt now be a great time to raise those margins that were lowered in the end of May?"