BrotherJohnF

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Prize Fighter
Prize Fighter's picture
Hat Tips: 3349
BrotherJohnF

BrotherJohnF has another great video here with his latest.  Makes note of gold price breakouts preceding silver breakouts and his overlay chart shows that setting up again now.  Expecting prices to start moving up from here.  More than just the chart though, this guy BrotherJohnF normally delivers a real even-keeled and level-headed analysis of the charts.  I've always liked his style.  Was never emotional about it and delivered a lot of great charting info in a methodic and logical way.  This latest video has him really sounding the alarm though.  Maybe he's always been this dark, but he's not pulling any punches here.  He thinks a total ugly collapse is absolute.

Curious what you guys think about BrotherJohnF, and if this latest video is more dire than usual or if my memory is bad and he's always been calling for this.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09
Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
As long as I've been

As long as I've been following him, he's definitely convinced of the "collapse" stating at least all few times "all paper denominated assets/fiat currency will go to zero." No question he's correct if history would be the guide, but the real kicker is when. So, of course, we must prepare accordingly.

BrotherJohn is probably my favorite YT blogger as he's very level-headed, confident and consistent in his analysis. He almost always starts every video with reviewing the price action compared to the long term trend channel, but has a "we'll have to wait and see" attitude rather than getting excited or depressed in the short term. I hope his $68 price target comes to fruition just cause of all the work he's put into tracking the whole story.

So yea, I totally repeated what you just said Prize. BroJ is the man! I really look forward to his videos. 

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Silver_Watchdog
Silver_Watchdog's picture
Hat Tips: 103
I'd still be careful over the

I'd still be careful over the next few days as the Forex traders may be playing the upward movement until they close their positions on Friday July 15. We also get US CPI data that day which will impact the PMs. If CPI comes lower along with traders closing, we may get a sizeable dump. 

Of course this would make a great weekend price for all the physical buyers.

Silver Watchdog On Twitter

Juan Moment
Juan Moment's picture
Hat Tips: 909
Watching BrJ is part of my blood pressure treatment plan

I've always liked his style.   -  Prize Fighter

I really look forward to his videos.   -  Dr Durden

Make that 3. Must see commentary on the pm markets. His calm voice helped steady the heart rate after the $15 drop in silver.

Where I think he was a bit off the mark was when in the previous vid he called the RT reporter a bimbo for questioning P Schiff's point of view and playing devil's advocate. This is what reporters meant to do, play through different scenarios and present alternative angles. Anyhow, thought that was out of his character.

Back on topic, for as long as I've been tuning into his channel he has always been gloomy. But how could he not be, all but the blind market commentators can see the writing on the wall, and BrotherJ with his eyes white open, connecting the global news dots and analyzing how the picture pragmatically ties into the silver prize, is bound to arrive at a pessimistic outlook on the world economy, and by extension, his mighty bullish view on pm's.

I personally can't see the imminent total currency collapse Lindsey Williams predicts, and although BrJ has never been in the optimist camp, I am somewhat surprised he endorses Williams's grave prophecy. There is too much at stake, too many big and influential players have massive skin in the game, and whilst the system will no doubt wobble big time, I don't think it will be allowed to fall.

I too expect stretches of meager years, a period where many of us will have to cut down on luxuries and other wants and live a less consume based life style, but the super rich 5% elite who control the financial markets are well aware that should our nations really cascade into civil unrest and break down of society to the point where the average citizens have to stay home all day to defend their property and food reserves against the hungry and desperate, they too will suffer tremendous damage, and therefore will take mitigating actions to avert such a horror scenario.    

I may not agree with all of Brother Johns's political opinions, but he sure makes sense 90% of the time. In the above linked video I found in particular his references to Obama's threat to social security recipients spot on. Not a wise move to indicate to pensioners, war vets and others relying on government support that the first items to be cut are social security and medicaid. Poor form.

Prize Fighter
Prize Fighter's picture
Thanks for the thoughts on

Thanks for the thoughts on BrJF everyone.  I knew I wasn't alone in admiration for his videos.

Juan Moment wrote:

Where I think he was a bit off the mark was when in the previous vid he called the RT reporter a bimbo for questioning P Schiff's point of view and playing devil's advocate. This is what reporters meant to do, play through different scenarios and present alternative angles. Anyhow, thought that was out of his character.

I forgot about that and yes you're right Juan, it seemed out of character and was unfortunate.  He's too smart for that kind of talk.  We'll give him the benefit of doubt considering how things are ramping up.  If BrJF is calling out talking heads from anger, think how ugly most will get.

Juan Moment wrote:

I personally can't see the imminent total currency collapse Lindsey Williams predicts, and although BrJ has never been in the optimist camp, I am somewhat surprised he endorses Williams's grave prophecy. There is too much at stake, too many big and influential players have massive skin in the game, and whilst the system will no doubt wobble big time, I don't think it will be allowed to fall.

This is how I feel as well, but logic has me stacking all metal and organic matter.  I hope with one hand and prep with the other.  Happy I went in for a decent sized purchase yesterday but wishing I had put off my gun purchases for another month.  However, I've been doing that for 2 years now.  Had to get them at some point!

kenklave
kenklave's picture
Hat Tips: 574
He's ok. I watch his stuff,

He's ok. I watch his stuff, but there are times when he says things that are patently false or he makes elementary errors. An example is not distinguishing the difference between central banks and bullion banks. When I can catch an error, I question the source, because I don't know a whole lot.

assetcoin
assetcoin's picture
Hat Tips: 128
BrotherJohnF

I really enjoy his silver channel as well.  I try to listen to everything he puts up.  He has another channel, that quite frankly made me question his sanity.  He seems to be "spot"-on where silver is concerned though, and I value his opinion.  He's a really good speaker, and I've learned much from watching his videos.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Hat Tips: 3917
Obama Threatens Social Security Payments

BrotherJohnF has got to be kidding if he didn't see this coming.  Not to say I believe that it will happen right a way, but the plan has been along to dupe the boomers out of their energies ((harvest the slaves)).  The gov has been doing it since they were born and it won't end until the inheritance that boomers so carefully saved for their children is collected in tax.  Remember, they don't say 'the more the merrier' for nothin'. 

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
I respect Brother John F and

I respect Brother John F and I would also enjoy speaking with him in person.  3 things I've seen from him that I did not agree with

-He implies in his videos that volume = number of shares of a derivative.  The same share could change hands in high freq trading many times per minute, this does not imply that volume = number of shares in all existence, or that the numbers are even close.  Are there more shares sold than silver actually exists?  Definitely.  100:1 ratio? Doubt it. We'll find out.

-He removed Stella from his guru list even though he called the top around 48 in may.   I did not think that was fair, although in hindsight, being in someone's guru list on youtube is really not that important in the grand scheme of things.  When silver was nearing its 49 top BrotherJohn was proclaiming that it was on to 75 and 100 from here (maybe not those exact numbers, but something big along those lines).  And he may have been right except for that he totally ignored the fact that margins could be raised and that we were going very parabolic without a currency crisis in effect.  So in my opinion he's got permabull syndrome, even in the short term, which can really hurt people if they are buying large quantities, especially first time buyers.

-I remember seeing one of his videos or favorites on his channel was something about the moon landing being a hoax.  That in itself isnt problematic, but it does tell you a little about John's personality type, which is that he's biased towards conspiracy theory, and this bias may interfere with his logic at times.  I'll investigate any conspiracy theory until I can render it valid or invalid, so I'm not judging on this, and I have no definitive conclusion regarding the moon landing hoax theory, it was just a first impression type thing about JohnF that stuck in my mind for some reason

In summary, I respect him, I like what he does, I do not listen to everything he says as if it were truth.  BrotherJohn if you're reading this, take is as constructive please, and keep rockin.  Some of the things I like about your channel:

-You give different angles and prospects on the physical market, the grizzlies, the special rounds that most people dont talk about

-You always zoom out and do long term analysis instead of the minutia of the day to day up and down moves drivel which I think is really pointless for true-blue silver longs. 

-My instincts tell me you have  a good heart, and that goes a long way.

P.S. bitcoins will shine under the right circumstance (total anarchy) so dont bash BrotherJohn for looking into bitcoins.  Its better to consider them then totally dismiss them without first investigating.  I really think people are going to need a way to transfer wealth in the future, where they can move money from point A to point B without being taxed.  Peoples ability to dodge taxes in the future will be the difference between eating and starving.  That's just my 2 cents based on what I read in "When Money Dies" by Adam Fergusson.  Even grandma was a tax evader.   You had to evade or you didnt eat.  Bitcoins MAY be a solution to this problem, provided that farmers and food sellers are willing to take bitcoins in exchange for their produce.

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

Prize Fighter
Prize Fighter's picture
Thanks for the wider field of

Thanks for the wider field of view.  Always good advice not to rely on any one POV.  I'm reminded of some foggy antidotes about inventors and other break-thru thinkers who also had a lifetime of bad ideas.  Nobody's perfect on all things and like libro mentioned, having that "good heart" does go a long way in understanding intentions.

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
So the hell what if he calls

So the hell what if he calls the RT chick a bimbo? Have you ever heard her interview anyone before? I've seen her interview Shiff at least three times and each time she mumbles and bumbles almost incoherently to try to frame questions just cause the producers tell her to grill the guy. In fact, that's probably why - she should just relax and listen. She's no doubt foxy and tasty, but a hack.

Also, not to defend BroJ or anyone who gets a call "wrong," but if all you do is go around keeping score on who got it right and who got it wrong, just do yourself a favor and don't invest in anything. Take your fiat, stuff it in a coffee can and forget about it. We're adults, here; that's junior high bullshit. Wise up. Listen. Read between the lines. Extract what you need, digest it, put it to work and leave the rest for the sheeple.

I'd consider BroJ's vid where he explained how the TBTF's manipulate down silver a must watch for any silver investor. I've never heard it broken down so clearly and understandably before.  

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
Dr Durden wrote: I'd consider

Dr Durden wrote:

I'd consider BroJ's vid where he explained how the TBTF's manipulate down silver a must watch for any silver investor. I've never heard it broken down so clearly and understandably before.  

Can you link us to this one?  I'd watch it.   The collapse vid at the top of this thread was excellent.

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
lilbromarky1 wrote: Can you

lilbromarky1 wrote:

Can you link us to this one?  I'd watch it.   The collapse vid at the top of this thread was excellent.

I honestly cannot remember as his vids are often 20 min or longer, but I think it was this one on the paper price. If not, listen anyway...to all of them if you can...it's good info.

Got GIABO?

donpaulo
donpaulo's picture
Hat Tips: 3413
BrJ

well I have talked with him a few times in the chat room on paltalk.

He has very good presentation skills, and the data is solid. I enjoy watching his videos and have been a subscriber for quite some time.

However while discussing some of the underlying assumptions of his position I came to discover that his conclusions were based on creationism and what I believe to be "soft" science.

Now we are all free to choose whatever belief we like, I have no issue at all with John's creationist viewpoint, but when it comes to how much metal is left to mine and how it got there in the first place is where I started to part company with his position.

Further when postulating a silver to the moon long term price range he refused to answer the question "if silver is at say $500 then what is the price of gas ? or cola or ..."

So in conclusion I like his videos and he does a very nice job of it. But when PM numbers are not based on localized indicated and inferred geological engineering studies; and when he will not discuss the possibility of $40 gas at the same time as $400 silver I take a lot of what he says with a very large grain of salt.

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Ok, well I have a few

Ok, well I have a few rants.

Like in his most recent vid, he read Jim Wille's recent article? Really? Reading it word for word? Come on man, we can read ourselves. Cliffs! He did the same thing with the 8-9 FOFOA videos he made. Excellent analysis, but reading them for a video? I FF through that stuff now.

Also, I cannot read his graphs and he often says "level" without stating the price he's referring to. So I find myself with my forehead on my computer screen trying to read out what he's talking about. 

I love his bullish sentiment, but "quadruple digits" within the next few years? Not with the TBTF's able to drop spot by 35% in a week. Not when TBTF's own the CME and the CME owns the COMEX. I cannot count on $1000/oz silver, let alone even fathom it, so I just kind of have to laugh (and I'm a big a silver bug as you're gonna meet).  

Got GIABO?

pailin
pailin's picture
Hat Tips: 15389
magic silver

Dr Durden wrote:

I cannot count on $1000/oz silver, let alone even fathom it, so I just kind of have to laugh (and I'm a big a silver bug as you're gonna meet).  

We're going to one-meeeeeeelyon-dollars :)

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey

Justin
Justin's picture
Hat Tips: 1869
$1 milly

Know what I'd do with a million dollars?

Only root karate come from Miyagi. Just like bonsai choose own way grow because root strong, you choose own way do karate same reason. - Mr. Miyagi

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Hat Tips: 3917
If I Had A Million Dollars

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "BrotherJohnF"