Peak EVERYTHING...

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gramp
Gramp's picture
Hat Tips: 5290
Peak EVERYTHING...

Just thinking about the downward quality trend on almost any goods.

The idea of reducing the quality of items, so they may be offered at a price that does not upset the Sheeple... turns my stomach. 

So begs the question... Have we seen Peak _______ quality/ quantity?    ( fill in the blank)...

...Peak Oil?.... WTFDIK?

Peak food quality? Is it just me, or is quality of produce dropping, as price rises? As well as package size

Peak Automobile Quality?  How much thinner are Quarter panels and overall metal content compared to autos only few years back?   

Housing Construction  Quality? Worked at a new home being built... all 2x4 studs were ends only 2 feet long glued and pressed together to make full length...

On and On... ect. ect.

Rant Off...!

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:27

~ Even a dead Fish can go with the flow ~

stalking wolf
stalking wolf's picture
Hat Tips: 580
yes sir.

Aldous Huxley says it best in the "brave new world revisited", do not expect mastery of any kind in the brave new world".  

"A building's form should follow it's function", Howard Roarke.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Hat Tips: 3917
Master of None

"Aldous Huxley says it best in the "brave new world revisited", do not expect mastery of any kind in the brave new world".  "~ stalking wolf

This is unfortunate because a man or woman who cannot master themselves is destined to be mastered by others and indeed needs to be mastered for the sake of the rest of the planet. No?

ScottJ
ScottJ's picture
Hat Tips: 9168
Yes, we may have reached a

Yes, we may have reached a peak in current materialistic goods, but maybe all of this needs to be washed out so fresh new innovation can make way (the cyclicalness of destruction and rebirth is all around us in nature in order to keep balance).  Wouldn't it be something to see a true free market economy emerge from the current fiat prison.  Maybe this current fiat prison is the education humanity was looking for (on a much longer timeline).  My oh my the innovations that await us, once we can see our shortcomings of being ignorant to the fundamental medium of exchange we rely on...

We are all masters in our own unique way, given all of the tools necessary at birth.  Infinite potential is within ourselves, but we must drop the illusions we have accepted as truth.  There is nothing to do or nowhere to go, as everything we need to recreate a new reality can be found within ourselves.  It won't be evident until it is... and then once it is... it is never the same again.

There is nothing to fear, only things to do and thoughts to be thought.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Peak EVERYTHING..."