I'm Scoring Sweet Deals on Junk Silver on ebay

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
GuerrillaCapitalist
GuerrillaCapitalist's picture
Hat Tips: 4928
I'm Scoring Sweet Deals on Junk Silver on ebay

I'm bored and I do what I do when I'm bored, I look for silver bargains. I've bought a bunch of junk silver and not so junk, like 90% silver State Quarters all below spot. Am I just lucky on a Sunday night, or have other people found some sweet deals as well? I should say this has been going on for several weeks, it just seems especially cheap tonight. My technique is sort of bottom feeding, I don't mind buying one Washington quarter as long as price+shipping equals spot or below.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:13
Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Makes sense, our beloved

Makes sense, our beloved metal was up 10% last week. 

I'm diggin' for gold, personally. Just bought a 1/2 oz for net under spot...plus using my Bucks from the 1st qrt to really sweeten the deal. 

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Been trying

Been trying to spend my ebucks on some gold, but no luck so far.  Maybe I'll try for some silver instead. :)

I like your style though as far as buying whatever odd lot you can find, at the right price.  I did a lot of that myself when I was buying a lot of 90%.

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Eric Original wrote: Been

Eric Original wrote:

Been trying to spend my ebucks on some gold, but no luck so far.  

Do you have or buy commemoratives? I've gotten great scores on graded and slabbed Bald Eagles in the past and now recently the First Spouse gold series. 

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Commemoratives

Haven't gone there yet, but yeah it seems like a good idea.

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Just scored 10 sets of

Just scored 10 sets of ATB proof silver quarter sets for under spot. Saved about $50 vs buying from the mint directly. 

Keep your eyes open for great deals, lots of people still selling back at a loss from the May smackdown. Silly bubble-believers. 

Got GIABO?

Dimeboy
Dimeboy's picture
Hat Tips: 198
Canadian Junk Silver / Commemoratives

Would like any feedback on interest in Canadian Junk Silver of both the 80% pre-67 business strikes and the 50% post-70 Silver Dollar Commemoratives.

Examples found at www.silvercoin.ca in USD. No credit card fees and prices seem below spot on most items and reasonably inexpensive freight.  I have a fair amount of the 40% silver clad Kennedy halves and these seem similar or better(?)

GuerrillaCapitalist
GuerrillaCapitalist's picture
Hat Tips: 4928
Silver is Silver

I don't have any Canadian silver only because I haven't stumbled across any deals as of yet.  I did poke around the site you posted and bookmaked it for later. Thanks for another source that's not eBay.

I too, am quite fond of the 40% Kennedys and have managed to snag a nice pile at a good price over the past few months. The word seems to be out and the prices are galloping ahead of the pack. That gives me more reason to search out Canadian coins.

OC15
OC15's picture
Hat Tips: 2159
There is a guy on ebay

Who sells 1 oz eagles for about $40 over spot as a presell.  After ebay bucks, you are darn near buying gold at spot.  It is a hefty price to pay and you wait about 5-6 weeks to get your coin.  Well worth the $60-70 bucks you save at minimum.  Goes by the name of goldeagles and he uses another handle as well but I don't remember off hand.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "I'm Scoring Sweet Deals on Junk Silver on ebay"